City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake is a bit taken aback by the sudden tossing of gold, but he shows no shame in picking up 10 of the gold coins. Looking to the dwarf in front of him he sheepishly shrugs.

"living expenses...i can verk vith leather, but not sure where to go. do you know where i can seek ..."

his question is interrupted by the shy man that had entered as he announces the request for adventures.

"AH-Ha!" exclaims the redheaded northerner, "das ist glory und honor!" he stands grinning to Rasereit then turns to the annoouncer.

In a very thick northerner accent he says, "Pendrake Utherman at the service of yours. Mein sword arm ist for das job." He gives a short and curt bow.

Wik

First Post
The nobleman is taken aback at the northerner's accent, and then smiles. "You look like just the man for the job! I could use a strong arm to pummel those thieves!"

The nobleman grabs a nearby table and motions for Pendrake to sit down, while looking at the two standing mages. "Gentlemen, would you care to discuss business terms?"

As interested patrons sit down (and the nobleman keeps a few chairs open for any other patrons to grab a seat while he talks), he begins a speech that he has obviously rehearsed a few times.

"My name is Cassus, of the Arimae family. We are nobles of Orussus - not one of the bigger families, mind you - and have enjoyed that title for many years. Almost fifty years ago, my grandfather Tellon fell in love with the woman who would be my grandmother - a beautiful woman by the name of Hellene. Hellene was from nearby Allimon, of the Merris family. And she was rich.

While Hellene fell in love with Tellon instantly, her family felt that my grandfather was "below" their daughter - can you believe that?"
Cassus snorts, and then motions for the bartender to pour drinks for sitting patrons. "my grandfather knew he had to impress Hellene's parents, and so he commisioned the creation of the Arimae necklace."

Cassus takes a sip from the drink in front of him, and looks to see if anyone at the table is family with the necklace. Noticing that no one's eyebrows raise, he scowls into his drink and carries on. "The necklace, which is quite beautiful, was enough to impress Hellene's parents, who let her marry into the Arimae family the next year. The Arimae necklace was a bridal gift, and it has stayed within my family ever since. Until last night."

"It was stolen by a group of thieves. We had been having a birthday party for my youngest sister, Faria, and after much celebrating, we returned to our rooms. Sometime during the night, I heard a noise and came down, thinking it was our family cat. But when I came into the common room, I saw three THIEVES busily lifting the necklace from the mantle where it is kept! THey were all wearing dark blue clothing, with black scarves tied across their faces... I think I saw a pattern of flowers on these scarves, although it was dark and I could have been mistaken. There was a woman with a crossbow, a man with a rather large hat, and a very intimidating large man who held the necklace in his hands."

Cassus takes another drink. "When they saw me, the woman shot at me with her crossbow. I was able to dodge it, and ran upstairs screaming - to wake up the family, of course." he coughs in embarrassment. "When I came down again, with my younger brother Vanon, they were gone.

"This is where you come in. I wish to hire your services to recover the Arimae necklace before those thieves can sell it or accomplish whatever nefarious plan they have with it. Upon successful return of the necklace, I will pay each of you two hundred gold crowns. The necklace, by the way, is made of a platinum and gold alloy, and has three rubies set into the middle, with three tiny emeralds circling each ruby."

He looks at the group around him. "Are you interested in this deal?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian 5

Rasereit's eyes go wide at the barbarian's wild gesture of benefaction. He shakes his head and mutters under his breath, "That money should go t'the poor, less fortunate, not these wealthy tavern types." He unashamedly gathers up any gold that hasn't been claimed and puts it on the bar. "Joe, Ah think our mate Kermis means fer some women an' children t'get at this coin. Think ye can take care o' that?" Joe grunts and waves. A serving girl comes up to put the money in a sack. She smiles and nods, both at Rasereit and Kermis.

When the nobleman enters with his proposition, Rasereit scoffs. "Bah, these nobles have all the money in the world, an' they ain't fer payin' a decent adventurer what he's worth." A bit louder, he says, "Ah, uh... Ah think ye've got enough muscle for this 'un, Pendrake. 'Haps our paths'll cross again. Ah'll think o' ye, an' if Ah ever return 'ome t'take it back, Ah'll come an' find ye. That's a promise."

covaithe

Explorer
Atomerasu Worthallingham IV, human wizard

Wik said:
"Are you interested in this deal?"
"Oh, this is wonderful! Splendid! Er, not that your necklace was stolen, of course, but... What I mean to say is, I would be delighted to assist you and your family in this endeavor."

Trouvere

Explorer
"I too am willing to assist," says Conuld. "A beautiful object, in your family for several generations, taken by people who have no right to it - who might already have prized out the gems and melted down the metal! They must be brought to justice." He slaps a hand on the table. "Oh... also, one of them tried to kill you."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
looking to Rasereit, pendrake grins and says," ja, vee meet again...here. tell tales of our battles and toast to each others victories!"

Wik

First Post
Cassus smiles smugly, nodding the whole while. "Yes, yes... I'm sure you will do quite well. I look forward to seeing my family's rightful heirlooms in our possession once more."

[sblock=OOC]A group of three is good, but I think I'd like to see one more PC. I'll give it until tomorrow for someone to drop in before we start this thing.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Alright. It'll be a day or two before we start 'er up. I'm gonna wait for Rae's vignette to come to a close so we can steal some 1st levelers from there. hile we're waiting, feel free to ask Cassus any questions about the theft or family history or whatever else...[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads