• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Cocking his head to the side as 'Ossa' walks by to go upstairs, Kurgahz listens carefully and is confused for a second by what he doesn't hear...Will save (1d20+5=18) His eyes narrow as they turn and lock with Taelythenihel's eyes just long enough to let her understand that he KNOWS, but keeping his mouth shut enough to let her know that he won't SAY anything about what he knows... yet. He thinks to himself, 'It's always good to have a little possible leverage...'

(OOC: Oh, I missed that bit up there--I'll have Lasair save as well. 11 + 7 = Also 18)

*With such an unusual declaration, Lasair feels sorry for this Ossa and tries to feel the ziivash around her to see if there is any chance at healing. But then...it is hollow. She is just a mirage.*

EDIT: Oops, didn't see that it's just an illusion, not an illusion over top of an undead ;)

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
"This is an interesting offer. While a trip to the desert sounds interesting, this doesn't seem like the sort of thing the dragon warned us about. In either case, I need to see what Richard thinks first."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Heckler said:
"This is an interesting offer. While a trip to the desert sounds interesting, this doesn't seem like the sort of thing the dragon warned us about. In either case, I need to see what Richard thinks first."
"Hmm...he did say to keep our eyes open, but you may be right. We can hope that if it is not the task we seek that we will perform the task quickly and be ready for the next one."

EDIT: Oh wait, I just read it again--it's a figment completely, not a figment on top of the undead :eek:

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
OOC - if anyone looks closely, and they want to cause me trouble :p , they can make a DC 16 Will save to recognise "Ossa" as a figment.
OOC: Shadya's Will Save (1d20+1=16)

Shadya looks at Ossa and blinks for a moment. "Is... Ossa up to making the trip?" Shadya asks, a bit concerned. "She doesn't look well, and the trip is long, and not easy."

OOC: Don't want to exclude you, but not sure how well a skeleton will go in the adventure. Rae would know more.
Rystil Arden said:
"Your family needs you? If so, I will be glad to help. I need no recompense, but I will accept any gift I am given as a sign of the giver's vhal."
"It wouldn't be right to do anything but offer money for your time and travel, but I would be honored to have you accompany me. You look experienced in desert travel from your dress. Where are you from?"
Phoenix8008 said:
"Hmmm..." Kurgahz rumbles deeply as he stands and stretches his muscled arms high over his head, "I would welcome such a journey and the chance to do ssomething besides ssitting around here. If ya could use a person to heal woundss along the way, I'd like to come along."
"Then I would welcome you as a companion. I might warn you though, the Orc War was hard on my people, so some may not be so tolerant."

OOC: More an RP thing than anything else. The Orc War was a somewhat resent conflict with the Sairundan. Doesn't mean I don't want you. Please don't kill me.

OOC: According to Rae, I can take 2 more. Got me, 1 1st leveler, and one 4th leveler?

[sblock=Rae ArdGaoth]Should I give out all the money now (I'd keep 50 for travel expenses and pay out the rest, including myself, so 40 apiece) or pay some now and some later, or is it up to me?[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair nods at Shadya's offer. She is always willing to perform these acts for free, but she will never turn down an offer of a gift or risk offending the giver's vhal.*

You look experienced in desert travel from your dress.

"Really? I had thought my new Western dress blended in there?" Lasair laughs, "It seems that my appearance follows me...I am from the east, Shadya yn Hayder. My land...is a place much like yours, I think."

(OOC: Re Undead--Lasair both despises and fears undead. As a Telepath, when she tries to sense or affect them, they are immune to all her stuff, and it makes her skin crawl as if she was reading a bone-chilling darkness and boundless despair. )

Phoenix8008

First Post
Solange said:
"Then I would welcome you as a companion. I might warn you though, the Orc War was hard on my people, so some may not be so tolerant."

OOC: More an RP thing than anything else. The Orc War was a somewhat resent conflict with the Sairundan. Doesn't mean I don't want you. Please don't kill me.
"Good. I'm gonna stretch my legss a bit and go prepare for tha journey. As for yer people, I'll be as tolerant of dem as dey are of me. I ain't no Orc and ...and... aw frek! I'll meetcha outside when yer ready ta leave." He finishes grufly before grabbing up his greatclub and stomping out the front door of the Inn, almost bull-rushing over a human man with red hair and goatee who was trying to enter at the same time.

"By the gods!" the golden eyed man curses under his breath while dusting off his hooded cloak with his hands. As he begins to stroll further into the room, Joe opens his mouth as if to speak but before the words leave his lips, the newcomer cocks his head to one side then looks towards the bar and speaks, "Ah yes, my name. I nearly forgot. Thank you for reminding me. I am Saithnar. Returning from employment and seeking yet another job." Saithnar then strolls to a table by a window and pulls out a pipe which he begins to smoke. Blowing rings of smoke into the air, he sits as if listening to all the conversations in the Inn and trying to follow them all at once...

OOC: Solange, I understand the RP of it, no worries. Sounds like it could be fun and I'm up for it. I switched out Kurgahz's spells a little to reflect the upcoming journey. That's assuming that we'd get at least one night to prepare before leaving town. He will start off with the following:
Cleric Spells readied: (3/2+1 save DC= 13 + spell level)
0- Create Water, Detect Magic, Purify Food and Drink
1- Cause Fear, Cure Light Wounds, (D)Grease
I'll post to the adventure thread whenever it's up, but I figured I'd go ahead and remove Kurgahz so I could bring Saithnar back in.

Solange

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
"Good. I'm gonna stretch my legss a bit and go prepare for tha journey. As for yer people, I'll be as tolerant of dem as dey are of me. I ain't no Orc and ...and... aw frek! I'll meetcha outside when yer ready ta leave." He finishes grufly before grabbing up his greatclub and stomping out the front door of the Inn, almost bull-rushing over a human man with red hair and goatee who was trying to enter at the same time.

OOC: Solange, I understand the RP of it, no worries. Sounds like it could be fun and I'm up for it. I switched out Kurgahz's spells a little to reflect the upcoming journey. That's assuming that we'd get at least one night to prepare before leaving town. He will start off with the following:
Cleric Spells readied: (3/2+1 save DC= 13 + spell level)
0- Create Water, Detect Magic, Purify Food and Drink
1- Cause Fear, Cure Light Wounds, (D)Grease
I'll post to the adventure thread whenever it's up, but I figured I'd go ahead and remove Kurgahz so I could bring Saithnar back in.
"Oh, I know you're not, and some of my people will. But I felt it best to warn you, be weary. Being with me should be good enough for most, and with my father for the others."

OOC: Oh, I'm not worried too much about it, but it seems something to mention. And I think you get to choose your spells when you start, not that I have any to pick.

Solange

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*Lasair nods at Shadya's offer. She is always willing to perform these acts for free, but she will never turn down an offer of a gift or risk offending the giver's vhal.*

"Really? I had thought my new Western dress blended in there?" Lasair laughs, "It seems that my appearance follows me...I am from the east, Shadya yn Hayder. My land...is a place much like yours, I think."

(OOC: Re Undead--Lasair both despises and fears undead. As a Telepath, when she tries to sense or affect them, they are immune to all her stuff, and it makes her skin crawl as if she was reading a bone-chilling darkness and boundless despair. )
OOC: Sorry :eek: You don't have a description that's of any help, nor a background. I only knew it because Rae told me in an e-mail. Must be a desert dweller attitude.

"It's in your eyes, and how you wear your clothes I think. A desert dweller carries herself differently."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yeah, Lasair's background is private, so I didn't post it ;))

"I see. Perhaps it is so. It is good to know that I have not become soft from my time in these strange Western lands," Lasair agrees.

Solange

First Post
Shadya nods, "Flow with the wind, but keep your feet on the earth, as the saying goes."

"Do either of you have a horse? Perhaps we should get a cart or horse for our supplies. They aren't camels, but they will do."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads