• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The door to the tavern at the Red Dragon Inn swings open. A woman, one of Joe's regulars, holds the portal open for a man wheeling a small dolly with four small wooden kegs and two long wooden boxes. The man thanks the woman gruffly, and heads to the bar. He holds a low conversation with Joe that anyone can hear if they listen a little:

[sblock=The Conversation, Listen DC: 10]Man: "A delivery from the south, Mr. Smith. Hayder ai Hurakan sends these rare alcohols to your fine establishment, and these too..." The man produces two letters from inside his cloak and hands them to Joe.
Joe: "Hayder, eh? And what do you want from me in return?"
Man: "Just pay for the last leg of the journey, Mr. Smith sir. Hayder has somebody else picking up the money for the booze, or so I was told. It's all in the letter, there's one addressed to yourself."
Joe: "Fine." He hands the man a few crowns.[/sblock]
The two men exchange words, two letters, and some money. During their conversation, Joe glances over at Shadya. The newcomer nods to Joe and heads out, but a barmaid stops him, and with a scowl on her face she points to the sign above the bar. The man grumbles but calls out, "Gregory Jenton, courier." He leaves without speaking to anyone else.

Joe opens one of the letters and reads it carefully, the barmaids tending to the bar while he deals with business. He opens the boxes and grins as he pulls out two bottles of some kind of white wine. He sends them down to the cellar to cool. He looks at the kegs and simply nods, hefting one up onto a shelf of many such small kegs behind the bar and sending the other three into the storage room. Then he returns to bartending, glancing over at Shadya every now and then. When there's a pause in the conversation, he calls her over. "Shadya, girl, I have a letter for ye."

Trouvere

Explorer
Taelythenihel's head snaps up when the door opens, but she pays little attention to the conversation at the bar. As Jenton leaves, her hands flutter, holding a smal piece of wool, and she speaks several strange words.
[sblock=Spellcraft DC 16] She has cast Silent Image[/sblock]Moments after Jenton has stepped outside, a hooded figure in stained travelling clothes steps silently into the inn through the still-closing door. The newcomer moves soundlessly as a cat across the room towards Taelythenihel, who rises in greeting. As the barmaid for a second time points to the notice above the bar, Taelythenihel holds up a restraining hand. "This is my servant and bodyguard, Ossa," she says. "She has an unfortunate condition that leaves her unable to speak." The elf pulls out a chair, and as she watches with a strange focussed expression, the hooded Ossa slowly sits.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan sighs and looks up from his books. They are good, but he gets tired of reading. He would prefer some action. Perhaps he should see what's going on in this place. His eyes scan the room...

Trouvere

Explorer
As a waitress moves towards the table where Taelythenihel and the stick-thin Ossa sit, the elf says tightly, "Ossa will not take food or drink. We do not wish her face to be seen in public." Ossa sits motionless, her head down, face entirely hidden by her hood.

Solange

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"The people here do have strange ways. In general, they will drink and talk here during the time in between. Greetings Shadya yn Hayder of the Hurakan tribe. I am Lasair Alant. Do you know a Tandi d'Lune."
"Greetings Lasair. And no, know not of a Tandi d'Lune, but the desert is vast. Should?" Shadya asks.
Rae ArdGaoth said:
"Shadya, girl, I have a letter for ye."
"Excuse me."

Shadya walks over to Joe and smiles, taking the letter in suprise "Thank Joe. It is quite unexpected."

Shadya opens the letter and begins to read.

OOC: Shadya Listen Check (1d20-1=7)

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC - I suppose it has never been spelled out explicitly, but how far is it from the door Ossa came through :uhoh: to the staircase to the upstairs rooms? Can I assume less than 50 feet in a straight line?

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Bront]It doesn't really matter... I'm just wondering if the Silent Image of Ossa can be moved from the door to out of sight up the stairs... i.e. within 5 contiguous 10' cubes. If not, Taelythenihel will just arrange to have her leave the way she came in.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Sure :) Just might look a little strange when she goes up the stairs and if she runs into anyone in the hallway ;)

Solange

First Post
OOC: I'll wait for Rae to put out the letter, but he'll be recruiting though me for a trip through the desert. We'll probably drag along anyone who's interested :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads