City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

covaithe

Explorer
Trouvere said:
"Oh, that Rilithorne," says Keldar. "I think my copy was one of the books eaten by my pet basilisk." He lets the other comments slide.

"You have a pet basilisk?" Tommy hurries after Keldar. "That's fascinating! How do you avoid being petrified whenever you pet it? What do you do with its, um, excretions? Do you take it for walks or something? What do you feed it, besides classic magical theories?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Petrified? I was slightly nervous sometimes. I don't have it any more. It escaped. You really can't take your eyes off them for a moment," Keldar says vaguely.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn leans forward. "Kobolds, you say? That sounds like it might be interesting... besides... someone needs to keep an eye on HIM" He shoot Keldar a glare.

[sblock=OOC]You still want one more, there, sword?[/sblock]

FOR THOSE GETTING INVOLVED WITH MARISSA'S QUEST:

Marissa shakes everyone's hands, and can't stop from sobbing. "Thank you, thank you so much! I swear I will do anything I can to help! Anything you need! Anything."

"I don't know where to even start searching. Merchant's Avenue, maybe? Or you could look for Hukk, although I don't know where he'd be if he wasn't with Tomas...?"

[sblock]The Adventure thread is up.[/sblock]

[sblock=Pendrake]You still want in? Hope to see you in the Search for Tomas Quinn.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bogre

First Post
EternalSword said:
A robed young man walks in the door. He passes joe a heavy sack and turns to the patrons.

"Well, I'm no good at small talk, so I might as well cut to the offer. I'm Rilithorne's assistant, and we have a slight problem. We were supposed to get a delivery of some notes from a friend of his a week ago, and they haven't shown up. Rilithorne hasn't the time to go talk to the guy in person, and I'm needed to maintain the binding that keep the tower running. So, basicly we're paying good money for some people to to ride down to Grenton, pick up some notes, and bring them back. Of course, there is the slight issue of the guy on the other end of the run being a reckless conjuror, and the leftovers from the incident with the kobolds, but that's why were hiring adventurers instead of some guy with a horse. Any takers?"

He takes a seat near the bar.

"A ride? I need to get out of this tavern with its miserable talk and paranoid patrons!" "Of course, if you have enough ponies."

Kest hops easily off his barstool, assaying the group gathered.

OOC: Full?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Wik:
OOC: Pendrake will be there! there is greater glory und honor in findink und lost child!

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
A small young woman who's not quite yet hit her prime enters the tavern doors. She generally wears flowing white robes with two scimitars on her hips, and she pulls back her off-white hood as she enters. Her blue eyes have the exotic mark of being from quite far away from Orussis, and her black hair is not quite yet to her shoulders. She is very slight, but shows signs of a young woman still developing, with slightly disproportional legs and a face that is almost done loosing its baby fat.

"Greetings Joe, I am Shadya yn Hayder of the Hurakan tribe. I have traveled far, and am honored to find myself in the Legendary Red Dragon Inn," the woman says, as she gives a smile and bow of respect to Joe.

Joe returns the bow, and replies "Shadya, you are welcome here, and I offer food, water, and shade to you on your journy. I believe I met Hayder once, many years ago. Good man, I hope he finds himself well."

"He does, or he did when I last saw him before I set out from our lands. He did not mention you Joe, I am sorry." Shadya says, as she continues on to the bar.

"Don't be, it was a long time ago, and I'm sure he's met many other fine people he's not told you about either. Come, there's no need to be formal here. Grab a drink and have a seat," Joe replies.

Shadya smiles, "Thank you, water sounds lovely."

The woman takes her glass from the bar and looks around for a seat.

OOC: Don't worry, I think I might have a low level adventure coming from Rae, I can drag a few people along. Rae volunteered to run an adventure in Sairundan, so once he has it worked out, I'll probably help him recruit it.

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Wik said:
OOC: Okay, I think I have a good group, here:

Auric Neuman, Psychic Warrior 1.
Cepheus Boomhill, Rogue 1/Ranger 1.
Aiken, Rogue 2.
Solange Shepherd, Cleric 1 (almost 2!)

Leaving me one slot open for Conuld, Tommy, or Pendrake. You guys can figure it all out between you, or I could determine the slot randomly.

Also, I should note for players in Blacklily Violence that this adventure occurs roughly three weeks after Blacklily Violence. Just so you don't get thrown off or anything.

Marissa receives the money from Richard, and her eyes swell up like saucers. "This is... this is too much! I haven't seen so much money in my lifetime!" She smiles weakly, and puts the money in front of her. "There. The reward just raised by fifty golden crowns!

She is amazed at all the people willing to help her, and begins to speak. "Tomas is a lot like his father used to be, before he started drinking and got stabbed in a bar fight, bless his soul. Tomas is a bit, well... wild. And friendly, and charming! All the other kids want to play with him, too! He's something of their leader, I think. The boy has a future, if I can keep him safe long enough!

No, he's always getting into trouble. Mostly, it's little things - he got caught in a windowframe once; he and his friends were playing 'watch and robbers' and Tomas was trying to sneak into an old warehouse before he got stuck. Took three men to pull him out!"
She lets out a giggle, and then starts crying once more. After a few moments (and Joe putting his arm around her comfortingly), she carries on.

"One thing he always does, though, is come home at night. The streets are scary, and he well knows it. But, he didn't come home last night. And with all these rumours of goblinfolk on the street... I just know he's in trouble!"

She wipes her face. "Tomas usually plays in Merchants Avenue, with some of his friends. He's only ten years old, and looks a lot like me - Fair hair, skin, and brown eyes. His best friend, Hukk, is twelve years old and kinda dirty-looking - he's usually not very far from Tomas' side, and I haven't been able to find him either!"

She pushes the money forward. "I know you adventurersome types usually take jobs for hundreds of gold crowns, but this is all I've got." She shoots a smile of thanks at Richard."Sixty gold, split five ways, is a lot less than what yer probably used to, but I hope it's enough to convince you to look for my boy...?"

At that, Marissa starts crying once more.

[sblock=Rumours of Goblinfolk, Knowledge/Local DC 15]People have been reporting seeing small, feral-looking creatures with vicious blades on the streets at night. Exactly why they're here is unknown.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rumours of Goblinfolk, Knowledge Local DC 20]The creatures are most likely goblins, although they seem better armed than their usual kin. They've been seen once or twice speaking to shady-looking humans, in dark alleyways.[/sblock]

[Sblock=Richard]Just so you know, there's a slot open for you, if you want it. I could use a 3rd level in this adventure. It's something of life insurance for the 1st levelers. :)[/sblock]

OOC: I'll be at work for the rest of the day, but I should have the first post of the adventure up by the end of the night, or by tomorrow afternoon.

local knowledge check =20 Cepheus looking a bit concerned acknowledges what he has heard.I have heard of this, they say these creatures have been meeting with shady-looking humans. Some citizens have been buying blades to keep them safe as they fear the night and what lurks there. Although business has picked up I fear what might come as well. I will do my best to help bring your boy home.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Noticing Lasair has that far away look and Rowan is back to his books, Richard turns to Rinya as he stretches off the bar.
"I think I'm going to do some shopping, see if I can find a better blade and hopefully some healing draughts. Do you wanna stay and drum up another trip out of this place before we get soft... or you can accompany me and protect me from the merchants." Richard, obviously on a roll, continues to laugh lightly at his string of bad jokes.

Heckler

First Post
"I'll stay here, I went shopping earlier. I don't think the merchants will rough you up too badly," Rinya replies with a grin.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar Warbray emerges from the room habitually used by Joe's customers for private meetings. "The difference between YOUR crazy stories and MINE is that yours are boring!" he calls back to someone inside. He heads to the tavern door. "Keldar is off on an adventure now," he announces. "Back in three days if all goes well, in a week if all goes better." He waves and steps outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads