City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalSword

First Post
OOC: Now that we've got 5 people, everyone ready for me to start a private thread? By the way, that wasn't 200 up front. That was just the minimum you'd be seeing. This kind of has multiple possible outcomes, so the reward is highly variable.

The apprentice looks around for a second, seeing that he has a good group. "Oops, I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Arngrim. And yes, Rilithorne will end up hearing about you, especially if this is one of Thyrin's Worst Case Scenarios. I swear, half the thing the guy works with mess up. Sorry, I don't have more information as to what's going on, but if I did, I wouldn't be hiring adventurers, would I? Oh, as for the the, how many people do you know that can completely automate a tower that size. I'm only around in case something goes wrong and Rilithorne needs a little help cleaning up the mess. And for Worst Case Scenarios."

OOC: The adventure thread for Notes on the Aether has been started.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
EternalSword said:
OOC: Now that we've got 5 people, everyone ready for me to start a private thread? By the way, that wasn't 200 up front. That was just the minimum you'd be seeing. This kind of has multiple possible outcomes, so the reward is highly variable.
OOC - I know it's not up front, but Keldar, trustworthy Keldar, is hoping. I'm good to go (although as usual my character will want to go shopping so he doesn't die in the wilderness in 2 hours). I think we can safely assume Wik's in. Galwynn's just itching to adventure with Keldar.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Wow! Two adventure openings in one day! And me not able to get on till the evening! ARRGH! :mad: If anyone still needs any help or other party members, I've got a 2nd level Psion(telepath) who previously dealt with the Blacklilies and a 1st level 1/2 Orc Cleric. I'm okay using either one for any adventure if preferred. If both are already filled, then I'll wait for another day.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Well, Arngrim," says Keldar. "Perhaps we should ask Joe for the use of a private room and we can discuss the fine print of our agreement. I have operating costs. Consumables, comestibles, combustibles. You know." He gets up, takes Sammy's arm with a quiet "With your permission, miss", and readies himself to go.

OOC - sorry Phoenix :(

covaithe

Explorer
Trouvere said:
"Who's this Rilithorne, and why does he have a the in front of his name?" Keldar asks Rapture. "If you join our expedition, Ginger, maybe the Keldar Warbray will learn your name."

"Why, surely you've read Rilithorne's On Persistent Arcane Automata? It's considered basic knowledge for anyone interested in magical constructs these days. I was just reviewing it yesterday, as it happens, when a friend of mine showed me some practical applications of its formulae. His theories on evocations are quite interesting, too, though I can't say they've gained universal acceptance." Tommy pauses to catch his breath, and blinks. "And, uh, who's Ginger? And this Warbray chap? I've never heard of either of them."

Richard Rawen

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Farewell, Richard," says Keldar. "May the wind you break always blow down wind."

Reminded vividly of his former days in rougher company Richard cannot help but smile broadly at this parting . . . shot. Relaxing at the bar, Richard drinks his stout and hopes something a bit more challenging comes along.

Trouvere

Explorer
covaithe said:
"Why, surely you've read Rilithorne's On Persistent Arcane Automata? It's considered basic knowledge for anyone interested in magical constructs these days. I was just reviewing it yesterday, as it happens, when a friend of mine showed me some practical applications of its formulae. His theories on evocations are quite interesting, too, though I can't say they've gained universal acceptance." Tommy pauses to catch his breath, and blinks. "And, uh, who's Ginger? And this Warbray chap? I've never heard of either of them."
"Oh, that Rilithorne," says Keldar. "I think my copy was one of the books eaten by my pet basilisk." He lets the other comments slide.

Heckler

First Post
Rinya comes down the stairs, clean and her hair still damp, yet still dressed much as she was when she went up. Those who get close enough to her may notice that she no longer smells like the great outdoors. She goes to sit with Richard at the bar.

"So, has the great evil showed up yet?"

Solnath

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Well, Arngrim," says Keldar. "Perhaps we should ask Joe for the use of a private room and we can discuss the fine print of our agreement. I have operating costs. Consumables, comestibles, combustibles. You know." He gets up, takes Sammy's arm with a quiet "With your permission, miss", and readies himself to go.

[sblock=OOC]I'm having interpretation troubles, do you want Sammy to tag along or not? *scratches head*[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC - Keldar was asking permission to take Samina's arm to guide her should they move to the RDI's back room to discuss terms with Arngrim. He was not taking leave of her. Sorry for the lack of clarity. That was just my semi-exit from the RDI and transfer over to the adventure thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads