City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Rasereit looks up at the newcomer. "Not a child, Uther, a halfling. Ye know, one o' the little people, like me mate Ogrin 'ere. Look at the scruff on this one! Ah'd be scared if a child had a beard like this!" Rasereit laughs and pats the seat next to him. "Put that fella down an' come sit wit' us. He'll come 'round eventually, give 'im time an' space, Ah say."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"ist little man drunk, Ja?" Pen drake asks of the dwarf. he moves to the offered seat and orders an ale of the next barmaid that passes by.

corcio

First Post
sitting bolt upright. the halfling jumps off the table and runs to the bar. grabbing a pitcher of ale. he downs the entire thing and sets the pitcher down on the counter.
heaving a heavy sigh of relief. he turns around and stares curiously at the patrons of the inn.

turning back around he whispers to joe "whats with them?"
then nonchalantly meanders to a table and sits down and begins reading a scroll he had tucked away in his belt.
as if nothing strange had occured

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

Rasereit's eyes go wide at the halfling's sudden revival. Then he waves his hand dismissively and says, "Bah, faker. So Pendrake, ye've got a funny accent. Where're ye from?"

Scott DeWar

"das noordlands" and gestures to the north while speaking. he then asks, "vere from are you?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

Rasereit grins. "Th' northlan's, eh? Ah'm from there meself! Deep beneath th' northern mountains, Ah lived wit' me clan, the mighty Vundinn..." He pauses, then, "'Til the accursed dark elves monsters drove us out, that is. Ah'm a wanderer nah."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

"Ja?!" from noordland mountains, ja?" a grin is revealed on pendrake's face upon hearing where the dwarf's home is, but quickly falls upon hearing of the drow invasion.

"Ack! das nachtschaduwen...some villages just , Voomp! gone all of them. blood ...yes, the cursed schaduw bewoners have killed many of the land. perhs we can gather your clans und mein clans and we might retake your heim in das eart."

he takes a long draught of his ale and slams the mug down, "fur glory und honor!"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

Rasereit smiles at Pendrake's toast and drinks with him, "Aye, fer glory and 'onor!" The dwarf's smile turns sad, though. "The whole o' the Vundinn clan is sittin' right 'ere with ye, mate. Ah'm a fierce fighter, an' Ah don't let any foe get away without more'n a grievous scratch, but Ah'm afraid Ah kin't stand up t'a legion o' those dark creatures." Rasereit looks pensive for a moment, sipping at his drink instead of gulping as he usually does. "Ye know, ye've inspired me, Pendrake. Ah've been wanderin' around, jus' tryin' t'get by an' take out some baddies while Ah'm at it, but Ah think... Ah think ye're right, we could do it. Fer glory and 'onor, take back our 'ome! We'd need a sizable force, a lot o' support, and it'll take some time. But it's a goal Ah'm willin' to work towards..." A serious, determined look has settled across the dwarf's wild features.

Scott DeWar

at the revelation of the solitary member of the dwarvin clan, Pendraake softly says, "to das clan Vundin" with great respect. at a loss of words at the time he simply sits with an epty mug before him

covaithe

Explorer
Atomerasu Worthallingham IV, human wizard

The Red Dragon's door opens, and in steps a skinny human youth with a mop of curly brown hair. He scarcely waits for his eyes to adjust to the shaded interior before craning his head this way and that, trying to see every corner of the room at once. A huge grin covers his freckled face as he mutters, "Goodness, the Red Dragon Inn itself! Fascinating!" When a nearby server coughs and makes a pointed gesture to the sign above the bar, he blushes a fiery red and stammers, "Oh! Um, hi, everybody! I'm Tommy Worthallingham. I've just graduated from the Academy of the Chromatic Order's course in theoretical and applied thaumaturgy, and I'm here to Seek my Fortune!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads