City of the Spider Queen - The Adventure

AmorFati

First Post
First a few posting rules.
Dialogue in "quotes and bold"
Thoughts in intalics.
Actions in *asterisks*.
OOC in the end of the post, marked with OOC: Or such before.
Colors are ok, but use colors that are readable. Also, red and blue I'll be using for combat information, so please do not use those colors.

I'll do the die rolling. If you don't specify that your character does something, like searching for traps, I'll assume it doesn't do it. Also, when in combat situations, I'd appreciate all relevant info in your first combat post, marked as OOC. Info such as AC, saves, attack bonuses etc are relevant.
And lastly, more important than all the above, have fun!

The cast:
Ionna Lazar, a Female Human Monk1 / Sorcerer4 / Ur-Priest2 / Mystic Theurge 3 - Played by Nepthys.
Kemble Willowbrook, a Halfling Rogue1 / Cleric9 - Played by Wgreen
Flar Laviits, a Male Sun-Elven Swashbuckler3 / Fighter2 / Dervish5 - Played by Tyreus
Donedal Narion, a Male Dwarven Fighter1 / Ranger9 - Played by Ranger Rick
Chance, Male Human Ninja2 / Ranger2 / Cleric1 / Chameleon5 - Played by Gabrion

Last edited:

AmorFati

First Post
Day 1 - At Randal Morn's

Day 1

You have recieved an urgent summons to the hall of Lord Randal Morn, ruler of Daggerdale. Randal Morn has governed the war-torn dale for more than four years now. Under his wise guidance, much of the damage done by the decades-long Zhent occupation has been repaired, and the folk of Daggerdale have begun to prosper again. The heroic story of Randal Morn's resistance against the Zhents and the restoration of his throne is widely known throughout the Dalelands.

The Lord of Daggerdale does not stand on ceremony, and he personally greets you at the doors of his hall. Leading you to a comfortable study lined with bookshelves, he calls for refreshments. "I thank you for coming so quickly," he begins. "You are here at my request, one and all of you because of your reputations. Either it be for your unquestionable skills and bravery during the recent wars," he eyes Chance and smile warmly at the master of disguise. " or riding worgs and killing goblins, you are all known to me." He eyes all of you in turn. "Well, I think I have a problem that needs solving, and I think you will be able to help me."

The Lord empties his mug before continuing. "Seven days ago, a band of drow raided several farms and freeholds about ten miles south of here. A number of people were killed, and the marauders caused much damage. Local militia tracked the drow band to the vicinity of an old set of crypts on the western edge of the Dagger Hills. Rumor has it that those crypts conceal an entrance to the Underdark." he pauses, either for dramatic effect, or to let the information sink in.

"Three nights ago, the drow raiders returned and caused even more damage. I think the time has come for some experienced and capable adventurers to put a stop to these raids. We havn't had trouble with drow in Daggerdale for hundreds of years, and I have no idea hat has stirred them up now. Can you help me?"
Randal leans back in his chair and sighs deeply. The mantle of Lordship seems to weigh heavily on him at this moment.

Last edited:

Ranger Rick

First Post
"Aye mi Lord, if it is drow killing you want"...*spits*..."than I am your man. I will gladly go forth and hunt those beasties down till they are all exterminated. When shall I start and do you have any items to bestow upon us?"

wgreen

First Post
"Hold on, friend dwarf," says Kemble, placing a hand on Donedal's arm. He fixes a stern gaze on Morn. "From what I've heard of the dark elves, they're the most fierce, cunning, and cruel creatures on -- or under -- the face of the earth. Their skill with sword and spell are feared throughout the land. And you want us, a ragtag bunch of mercenaries and soldiers, to ride into the Underdark -- their homeland, which they know better than we possibly could -- and make them stop being so naughty? What you ask of us is suicide." A wry grin curls his lips.

"Sounds like fun. When do we leave?"

gabrion

First Post
The man Randal glanced at when refering to the recent wars, a strong looking fellow dressed in forset garb with a bow over his back says, "Good to see you again Randal, though I wish the reason for our meeting was more pleasant. I was just about to return to Cormathor when your messanger reached me. You know I don't have a problem fighting drow with all the trouble I've seen them cause. Plus I figure with all the work it was to take this place back from the Zhents, I have an interest in helping to get daggerfall back up on its feet."

The man turns to look at the others gathered here and he takes a moment to size each of them up. He makes a half bow and says, "I'm Chance, forest ranger from Cormathor. I can't say that I've met any of you before, but if you're good enough to get a personal invite from the lord of Daggerdale, then it's a pleasure to meet you." He turns back to Randal, "I can't speak for the rest of these men, but give me some more details and I'll be ready to go as soon as you like."

Last edited:

Ranger Rick

First Post
Donedal Narion Ftr 1/rgr 9

wgreen said:
"Hold on, friend dwarf," says Kemble, placing a hand on Donedal's arm. He fixes a stern gaze on Morn. "From what I've heard of the dark elves, they're the most fierce, cunning, and cruel creatures on -- or under -- the face of the earth. Their skill with sword and spell are feared throughout the land. And you want us, a ragtag bunch of mercenaries and soldiers, to ride into the Underdark -- their homeland, which they know better than we possibly could -- and make them stop being so naughty? What you ask of us is suicide." A wry grin curls his lips.

"Sounds like fun. When do we leave?"

Just as Donedal was about to yell 'yellow belly coward', he heard Kemble's enthusiasm and *grinned liked a Cheshire cat.*

Upon hearing Chance’s words of delay and caution, Donedal speaks up. "We are to go kill Drow, what more details do you want? I understand wanting supplies, but ‘details’ sound like the words of a diplomat or a yellow belly coward….Bah! I have heard of your exploits, but they sound like the exploits of a sniveling coward who hides behind his mother’s apron strings.”

Donedal turns to Lord Morn, "Sire, open up your special armory to Kemble and I and we will do much to minimize this Drow scourge."

Tyreus

First Post
*Flar stands from his leaning position, smirking at his companions comments* "If we are to go into the underdark, we are going to need a way to see in the darkness. Lights would mark us all too clearly to predators and the drow. Did you have something in mind to help us in the dark, Lord Randal?"

wgreen

First Post
Kemble rolls his eyes. "Guys, the gnomes invented these weird new devices called 'torches,'" he quips. "Kidding, kidding. Seriously, though -- we've got swords, we've got axes, we've got bows...let's put them to use, already!" Mischievous excitement gleams in the halfling's large eyes.

gabrion

First Post
Ranger Rick said:
Upon hearing Chance’s words of delay and caution, Donedal speaks up. "We are to go kill Drow, what more details do you want? I understand wanting supplies, but ‘details’ sound like the words of a diplomat or a yellow belly coward….Bah! I have heard of your exploits, but they sound like the exploits of a sniveling coward who hides behind his mother’s apron strings.”

Hiding a grin, Chance responds, "I'm not sure which exploits you're talking about friend, I've lived most of my life as a fighting ranger, trained by the elves of Cormanthor. I'm sure Randal will confirm that I fought bravely against the Zhents, even when my mother wasn't around." After this comment Chance can't keep from cracking a small smile as he continues, "Maybe you would understand my request for 'details' a bit better if I put it in language more suitable to you. Perhaps 'point us in the right direction' is a more appropriate way asking for details?"

OOC:
[sblock] No offense RR, but I don't think many people actually have heard of Chance's background. People who have worked with him for some time (like Randal), know some of his secrets, but since he operates under different names if he has to play a different role, few know that he actually has the skills he does. As far as people he fought with knowing about him, they simply know that he could do a lot of different things.

Amor, if I need to bluff to convince people I'm just a ranger then go ahead and make the roll. I don't mean to be a bad sport, but I think it would be better if people got to know Chance for who he is as we played along together.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ranger Rick

First Post
gabrion said:
......"Maybe you would understand my request for 'details' a bit better if I put it in language more suitable to you. Perhaps 'point us in the right direction' is a more appropriate way asking for details?"

Lord Morn said:
"......Local militia tracked the drow band to the vicinity of an old set of crypts on the western edge of the Dagger Hills. Rumor has it that those crypts conceal an entrance to the Underdark."

Diplomancy +0 "Chance, clean out your bow wax hole (ear). The good Lord Morn told us those details. It is in the Dagger Hills you deaf igiot. You are a tracker, we need not need to know any of these details you ask. What we need are....light sources that allow us to pierce the gloom without announcing our location. We need weaponary that can easily slice through the scum. We need armor to protect us from their nasty spells and traps, and lastly, we need the balls to bring the good fight to them.

*Winks and grins at chance*

Last edited:

Remove ads