City of Tomorrow IC (DC/Blood of Heroes)

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Alrighty then. I will want this to work so I'll declare the spending of some Hero Points prior to the roll.
And I think the speed will still be 5APs - What I used to get this started.
Ok here goes. [roll0], [roll1]

OOC:
Thrill Devil 27
Bubbles 19
0/Gs 18
Brutale 18
Electrocutioner 17

OOC: You forgot "Blockade 22"
Is this a single combat, or two combats running simultaneously?

Declaration: Blockade will throw (Offensive Throw) Brutale through the door onto the roof. Applying Martial Arts to Assault (AV 7) EV = 7. If we are running separate combats, Blockade has the highest Initiative and will use Laying Back to gain a +1 column shift to his OV this phase. (Because he has Martial Arts Techniques, his targets do not gain the same benefit against his HTH attacks.)

[sblock="Status"]Growth level: 3
Size: 1
Weight/Volume: 3
Strength: 7
RV vs. Physical: 7
OV vs. Physical: 5
Running: 2​
Current Body: 3/7
Hero Points: 17[/sblock]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Thrill Devil puts on the brakes and skids into a 180-degree turn. Twin mounted machine guns fire as he pops a wheelie. The strafe of bullets clips Bubbles as the biker starts heading the other direction.

OOC: Thrill Devil will Layback for +1 to OVs. His attack still hits for 2 raps of damage on Bubbles vs Body.
She may use Last ditch to absorb damage.

Blockade is next.

I have decided to dispense with the reverse announcing of actions. Too cumbersome for PbP.

Blockade will throw (Offensive Throw) Brutale through the door onto the roof. Applying Martial Arts to Assault (AV 7) EV = 7.

[roll0][roll1] = 9

[sblock="Status"]Growth level: 3
Size: 1
Weight/Volume: 3
Strength: 7
RV vs. Physical: 7
OV vs. Physical: 5
Running: 2​
Current Body: 3/7
Hero Points: 17[/sblock]

OOC: Spending 2 hp to offset 2 ap using Last ditch

Bubbles switches tactics and just blasts the biker with her kinetic bubbles.

OOC: Attack [roll0] + [roll1] OV 8

hero4hire

Explorer
Blockade grabs Brutale with one oversized paw and hicks him out the door and onto the roof. The blade wielding baddie hits the roof top and skids to an eventual stop near the edge of the roof.

Thrilldevil easily maneuvers his bike and avoids the energy bubble attack. An amplified voice emanates from his helmet.
"You'll have to be a lot faster on the draw Pop star, if you wanna take down Thrilldevil!"

Ooc: Blockade gets 4 raps on Brutale.
Bubbles misses Thrilldevil (his OV is pretty good on that bike).
Zero is up!

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Alrighty then. I will want this to work so I'll declare the spending of some Hero Points prior to the roll.
And I think the speed will still be 5APs - What I used to get this started.
Ok here goes. (1d10)[8], (1d10)[6]

OOC: So this is my declared action, but I will forgo the use of HP, as a bidding war may slow this down and it isn't totally necessary to do so. Throwing him into Brutale will not happen so I guess he hits the ceiling?

So planned knockback, a 14 on the roll, and 5APs as the EV

hero4hire

Explorer
Electrocutioner's weight suddenly goes from nothing to over a ton...however, the pull of gravity is the opposite way it should be! Straight up he flies, slamming into the concrete ceiling and steel rafters. Tiny spiderwebs of cracks form in the concrete where he "lands".

hero4hire

Explorer
Brutale gets up to his feet and snaps his head around looking for his getaway vehicle. Unbeknownst to the baddie, it has been wrecked several blocks away! "Mierda! I am out, vato!" He yells and takes two steps back over the ledge and drops out of sight.
Electrocutioner from his position on the ceiling fills the air with electricity.

OOC: Electrocutioner uses 3 HP on LDD and then Multiattacks both Blockade and Zero. He rolls well enough to score 2 raps on 0/Gs and 4 raps vs Blockade vs Body.

New initiatives

Last edited:

Remove ads