City of Tomorrow IC (DC/Blood of Heroes)

OOC: I forgot to mention he is also stunned for a phase. But since you aren't in the thick of combat, it's all good.

Even with the gravity around him decreased 0/Gs lands hard.

"Oaf! Ow! Ugh!" He grunts as he rolls across the rooftop and is halted by an air vent. "That." He pants, and lays there a moment seeing stars. "Didn't go exactly how I drew it up."

OOC: He already covered that.

Blockade goes to help the younger man to his feet. "I've seen worse landings. Next time you try that, try using your power to slow your fall. And you might want to invest in some sky-diving lessons."

As she chases the dodging motorbike Bubbles notices movement at the S.T.A.R. Labs building. Was that another missile attack? Why did it fly up over the building so high? She shakes her head and continues after the fleeing thief.

hero4hire

Explorer
STAR LABS roof
Blockade hoists the young hero to his feet. 0/Gs definitely would be feeling that landing for a while.

Metropolis streets
The biker evades the Bubble Blasts and the still moving fiery craft by weaving back and forth, from street to sidewalk and in between pedestrians. The hapless citizens run in multiple directions screaming as the fiery hovercraft barrels down the street towards them.

Last edited:

OOC: I thought the hovercraft had come to rest. If anyone needed scooping up out of the way, Bubbles would do that first. Otherwise she's going to glue the bike again.

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC: I thought the hovercraft had come to rest. If anyone needed scooping up out of the way, Bubbles would do that first. Otherwise she's going to glue the bike again.
OOC: it is up to you which one Bubbles would like to try. But there are more than a few people in the way. Even late at night Metropolis is a busy city.

OOC: First question, is a 4 STR sufficient to pick up people while flying at AP 8 without losing too much speed or the speed killing them? I assume Bubbles is aware of this.
Second, how many people are actually in the direct path of the hovercraft and require assistance? Should she roll something to make that assessment?
Third, the game rewards saving innocents above catching badguys, right?

A die roll, either to assess who needs saving, to save someone, or glue attack the bike, in that order of priority.
[roll0]+[roll1]

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC:
1st Yep. Str of 4 is like 400 to 750 pounds and as for speed, heroes in the DCU do it all the time without people going splat in there arms.

2nd. There are over a dozen or so civilians hustling to get out of the way. The swooping in tactic would save two people standing close to eachother..

3rd. Pretty much. It is an old school superhero game. Not the end of Man of Steel movie.

EarlyBird

Explorer
0/Gs turns to Blockade after he is helped up. "Thanks, but no sky diving for me. I hate heights." he says in all seriousness. Looking around he notices the door and the missing hovercraft. "You think they have already been in and are gone?" he asks a hint of hope in his voice. "Like they have Flash powers."

Remove ads