• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

city skill challenges

sammy

First Post
My group is a "rouges guild" in a city trying to get info to the city guard about the assasssins guild to hopefully shut it down.

PCs- rogue, hybrid fighter-rogue, swordmage, cleric, fighter tempest (mc-rogue), all 11th level.

I want to put in a few skill challenges, but am coming up blank.

I humbly ask for any and all help.

Thanks in advance,

Sammy

bardolph

First Post
My group is a "rouges guild" in a city trying to get info to the city guard about the assasssins guild to hopefully shut it down.

PCs- rogue, hybrid fighter-rogue, swordmage, cleric, fighter tempest (mc-rogue), all 11th level.

I want to put in a few skill challenges, but am coming up blank.

I humbly ask for any and all help.

Thanks in advance,

Sammy

I would recommend using the Obsidian skill challenge system (can anyone help me with a link?), and leave it up to the PCs to figure out how they accomplish their goals.

If you want to stick with standard D&D skill challenges, here are some ideas:
  • Streetwise: a PC gets a tip on a hit being planned by the guild, or locates a guild "front man" who arranges contracts.
  • Perception: a PC shadows an assassin en route to a hit, or tracks the front man down to his hideout.
  • Stealth: a PC who witnesses a hit must avoid being detected by the assassin.
  • Stealth: a PC infiltrates the home of a client or guild member, and steals some evidence.
  • Bluff: a PC poses as a potential client of the guild and secures a contract.
  • Intimidate: the PCs capture the guild "front man," and interrogates him for more information about the guild.

chronoplasm

First Post
You should work in a 'wandering harlot' table somehow, just like in oldschool D&D, and see if you can work that in somehow. Maybe there's a specific harlot who knows something about the assassin's guild if you can find her. You roll the wandering harlot table, find any harlot, and do diplomacy or intimidate checks or whatever to see if she has any information. The quality of the harlot (as determined by wandering harlot table) determines the DC of rolls to talk to her, but also the quality of her information.

Remove ads