City Supplement - Your favorite?

Arnwyn

First Post
Frost said:
I'd just like to hear some opinions about the various city supplements. Which is your favorite? Freeport? Bard's Gate? City State? Others?
My top 5 city supplements:

1) City of Splendors box set (2e)
2) Ptolus (Malhavoc)
3) City State of the Invincible Overlord (Necro)
4) Huzuz: City of Delights (2e)
5) Bard's Gate (Necro)

Freeport does not rate, as (clearly mentioned by others) it is far too jokey for it's own good.

Your choice of Bard's Gate is probably the best, considering your needs. CSIO would have been a close second, though (and my personal preference)!

Castle Zagyg Vol. 1: Yggbsurgh is definitely tops for me.

In no particular order after that:

Bard's Gate
Hollowfaust
Waterdeep and the North (my copy is one of the most battered and well-used items in my collection)
Volo's Guide to Waterdeep

Frost

First Post
d'oh

I'm not sure whether anyone already mentioned it, but Bard's Gate sells momentarily for $9.56 (or less for members) at Barnes & Noble online.

Crom's dark humor!

I burned about $20 of a gift card at Amazon for it. Ah well... that's a darn steal.

Anyhow, I received it today and I'm loving it. I was really tempted to get CSIO, given its reputation for completeness, but I figured I'd like to give the PCs a safehaven, and the evil tendencies of CSIO might not have felt like much of a rest from the bowels of Rappan Athuk.

Bowbe, you got mail!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Good job Frost! :) Don't worry about overspending. It happens.

Psion,

Thanks for the link. *guesses that while Twin Crowns was involved it looks like Living Imagination did a lot the work* I think....

*cheers on Arn* Thanks man! :D

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I've never seen it Tree, but if Psion says it's good, I trust him. You might want to try like E-bay or something. I don't think they (Living Imagination) still have it in stock but I could be wrong.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Bluffside and Street of Silver are the too standouts for me, both have been long term locations in my campaigns and for me have been bet fitting.

I will add AEG's DM Toolbox, a book of tables, is also a wonderful add-on for a city.

Remove ads