Votes: 114 36.1%
  • Sigil

Votes: 110 34.8%

• Poll closed .

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Theocrat said:
Hi all -
But again, TW, Freeport and such are really just cheap knock-off's from Greyhawk.

and Greyhawk is a cheap knock-off of Lankhmar

I still think Glantri should have won

Go Freeport

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Seeker95 said:
For me, that is the beauty of Greyhawk. I have not had to "unlearn" my players anything about the city since 1983, because the developers / designers / autocrats have not over-detailed sections of the city that I already detailed on my own. I don't have to segment player knowledge from PC knowledge regarding this city, its history, or the "when" of the campaign.
Which is really handy for us DMs who started in 2001, like myself. When only people who've been playing the game for decades or those devoted to digging around e-Bay and used bookstores have good info on hand to run Greyhawk, I don't think it's terribly surprising that it gets a lot of votes.

...although Sigil is getting more. What is this?

Demiurge out.

gweinel

Explorer
Sigil nust stay: read why

Support the most imaginative and inspiring city of the fantasy world: Sigil. It has to win this cause its the only and one combetitor that proves d&d is more than fantasy setting. Its ideology!!

Last edited:

Ripzerai

Explorer
Greyhawk City has a lot of potential, but even the most hard-core fans have to admit that the City of Greyhawk boxed set and The Adventure Begins were sub-par products (neither of them without considerable merit, of course, but not what they should have been). Even Maldin's map doesn't fix some of the fundamental flaws. The Free City really has to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Sigil the Fantastic, Sigil the Impossible, Sigil the Paradox, Sigil the Heart of Creation. Sigil the Dark, Sigil Cloaked in Smog and Shadow, Sigil the Profane, Sigil the Blasphemy, Sigil of the Razor Edges and Dangerous Angles. Sigil of Oppression and Horror, Sigil of the Eternal War, Sigil of the Tarnished Gems, Sigil Where the Angels Weep. Sigil the Beautiful, Sigil the Good, Sigil the Beacon of Hope. Sigil the Crossroads, Sigil of the Mazes, the Cage, the City of Doors. Sigil where the cultures of a million worlds blend, Sigil of the bleeding holes ripped into the fabric of the planes, Sigil the Elder Sign, Sigil of the light-boys and razorvine, of tieflings and githzerai, of touts and factotums, of cranium rats, ravens and two-headed hounds, Sigil of endless labyrinths and Golden Lords, where philosophy is worth more than gold, but where they won't say no to taking your gold as well...

There was never a contest.

Tsidkenu

First Post
AFGNCAAP said:
Can't stand the Cant. Can't stand the concept. Can't stand Sigil.

Sigil must die.

What's wrong with rattlin' yer bonebox about a bunch of soddin berks, eh? I haven't seen anything quite as creative in concept. In Sigil, people actually have to exercise that most neglected muscle--the brain.

Sad, you'd think that to play a slinger you would want to utilize every iota of Int...instead we see the Half-orc Barbarian's fighting style repackaged: make everything go BOOM.
...Tis why I love that Spire, in spite of all the razorvine and touts always trying to peel ya: What you believe shapes the world you live in. And, with that kind of power, the adventures never cease to amaze and enlighten every cutter in the group.

Cya in a Modron's cycle,
Tsid

Ron

Explorer
Tsidkenu said:
What's wrong with rattlin' yer bonebox about a bunch of soddin berks, eh? I haven't seen anything quite as creative in concept. In Sigil, people actually have to exercise that most neglected muscle--the brain.
[...]
Tsid

Sigil, as well as all other Planescape setting material, could be more popular if written in English, for a change. Additionally, as much as Planescape was interesting, Sigil was kind of boring. It allowed too much, restricted too little, and thus became somewhat bland for a multiplanar setting.

With Glantri out, I have to incline toward Freeport and Greyhawk.

Remove ads