• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City Survivor - round 10! (Final Three)

Which city will be the next to go?

• Freeport

Votes: 92 29.1%
  • Greyhawk City

Votes: 114 36.1%
  • Sigil

Votes: 110 34.8%

• Poll closed .

Krypter

Explorer
BryonD said:
So, lets see if I got this right. Not only do you know of "several" folks votes, but you know enough of them that you personally know of "several" who have admitted to you they did not vote correctly. IN ROUND 10!!!!!!!

Is this a case of someone's efforts to stuff the ballot box not completely working out as planned perhaps????? ;) :p

Well, some of us were only informed of this contest in Round 10, and came to the defence of the City of Doors.

And some of us have never watched Survivor...and still don't want to. I almost made the "vote for your favorite city!" mistake too.

Could someone post a list of all the cities that were in the first round? Thank you.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Gerzel said:
Improper spelling? Please tell me what did I misspell?

PS Disrespect Yoda you should not!

Gerzel said:
To death Greyhawk!
Freeport too death to!

Ignoring the Yodaese, your first "To" is correct, but your second line should read:

"Freeport to death too!"

p.s. No disrespect meant to Yoda, he doesn't speak anywhere near as silly as those in Sigil. :p

Gerzel

First Post
Vyvyan Basterd said:
Ignoring the Yodaese, your first "To" is correct, but your second line should read:

"Freeport to death too!"

p.s. No disrespect meant to Yoda, he doesn't speak anywhere near as silly as those in Sigil. :p

Actually the line is in scramble-speak where the order of each word is randomized in the sentence.

The original unscrambled line is "Death to Freeport too!"
I then used a d4 to randomize which word came first and which came second.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Gerzel said:
Actually the line is in scramble-speak where the order of each word is randomized in the sentence.

The original unscrambled line is "Death to Freeport too!"
I then used a d4 to randomize which word came first and which came second.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Maybe that's how they came up with the cant! Random words in place of real ones. :D

Greyhawk fans, lets goozle the blechers out of those Sigil wombarts! Death to Siggly-Wiggly!

BryonD

Hero
Krypter said:
Well, some of us were only informed of this contest in Round 10, and came to the defence of the City of Doors.

And some of us have never watched Survivor...and still don't want to. I almost made the "vote for your favorite city!" mistake too.

Could someone post a list of all the cities that were in the first round? Thank you.
Yeah, fine. But it is the knowing of a plural number of specific cases that is a tip off to me....

Not that I care. My illusions of a scientific process remain non-existant. :)

I'm just poking a little fun. This whole process is fun and a little "gaming" doesn't change that. I greatly doubt any of the "survior" runs have been anywhere near straight up.

Tsidkenu

First Post
Vyvyan Basterd said:
Still claiming the brain angle for Sigil fans Tsidkenu?

Or did Yoda and improper spelling inspire the cant?

:D

Actually, I'll say he did a fair shot @ an Xoasitect (which, to do properly, is rather hard. :p)

...Anywho, I would still bet a displacer's whip on the matter; have to know your stuff to survive in the multiverse (just ask the last berk who tried calling a Harmonium a liar. ;) )

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Eldan said:
Vecna ruined two setting? What was the second one?

Well.. technically...

After ruining Oerith he was tossed into Ravenloft by the Darkpowers of WoTC where he destroyed the setting's many caveats before rushing into Sigil (and Planscape) where he also ignored the setting's caveats before flinging Advanced Dungeons and Dragons into a woodchipper and reserrecting the game as Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition.

Tsidkenu

First Post
Vyvyan Basterd said:
Yeah, that's the ticket. Maybe that's how they came up with the cant! Random words in place of real ones. :D

Greyhawk fans, lets goozle the blechers out of those Sigil wombarts! Death to Siggly-Wiggly!

:Chuckles: ...How do ya know a clueless Prime? (now there's a thread I would love to see :) )

But Siggly-Wiggly...now there's a parallel I never saw coming: The City of Doors to a supermarket...well, guess if you happened to accidently gate into the vending booths, you might mistake that (but one must wonder why so few portals lead to--or from--Greyhawk's "great" pirate hold. ;) )

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Yay!

Poll is closed and Sigil is safe!

No on to Freeport ... and raze it to the ground!

/M

Remove ads