• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City/Town map products?

Meek

First Post
I've been looking for any RPG products that have maps of cities, villages or towns for fantasy games. I tried mapping my own stuff but I'm never really satisfied with what I can do, so I thought it'd be nice to be able to buy a map and just plop it down for the PCs so they can see which street leads where and such, particularly for city sandboxing. It feels better for me than mind-mapping, and I've been wanting to run a town sandbox (or at least, make the attempt) for a while.

I don't have any particular preference as to what style of town or city, though I'd prefer a variety of styles and sizes if possible, but beggars can't be choosers. If you'd like to know a specific thing I'm looking for, a nice big rural town map is sort of on my wishlist. I'm not really looking for products with NPCs and stuff as I'm more looking for big nicely developed maps, but if they have 'em then that's a plus, even if I'll likely replace 'em. Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated, as I'm at the stage where I don't even really know where to start. I've never really gone around specifically shopping for maps.

I have a bit of RPGNow/DrivethroughRPG store credit, so it'd be nice if I could find it there, but it's not necessary.

Blue Dwarf

First Post
city of greyhawk - big city
T- 1-4 hommlet + Nulb - small towns
n-1 orlane very small hamlet.
DMGII has Saltmarsh many years after module U-1 - town

can do some searches for them and some one on here posted some links to actual medieval town layouts that are being researched in europe.

Nagol

Unimportant
If you can find them the Encyclopedia Harnica series of magazine featured terrific city, country, and regional maps.

Ariosto

First Post
Much more than maps:

Link to Columbia Games' Hârn page (which apparently includes links to the appropriate sections of RPGNow, etc.):

HarnWorld and Harnmaster role playing game

RPGNow has (IIRC) a fair bit of old stuff from Judges Guild. City State of the Invincible Overlord, C.S. of the World Emperor, the Village Books, Modron, etc., may be worth a look.

Out of print, but excellent:
the Middle-Earth Role-Playing line from Iron Crown Enterprises
the Warhammer Fantasy Role Play line from Games Workshop (and successor editions, I presume)
Thieves' World (the city of Sanctuary) from Chaosium
Pavis (2nd ed. RQ) or River of Cradles (3rd ed.) from Chaosium/Avalon Hill (Glorantha world, RuneQuest rules)

TSR's Known World Gazetteer series for Basic/Expert D&D, and Forgotten Realms line for Advanced D&D, included quite a few city maps.

Remove ads