Cityscape

TarionzCousin said:
Mouseferatu, I (and many others, I'm sure) appreciate your willingness to respond to comments and criticism. Truth be told, you're doing your best and are constrained by various factors.

Thanks for your comments. Keep up the good work.

Thank you. :)

It can, indeed, be disheartening when a book isn't received as well as I'd hoped, but I'm still proud of the work I've done. And I'm still more than happy to answer questions about why I approached it as I did. :)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Well, this is also an audience that's not identical to the larger D&D audience. Truthfully, one can't find products like Cityworks at most local bookstores, and even at many FLGS. So here you've got an audience who are more likely to have competing products they've already invested in, financially and emotionally.

Besides, most WotC books seem to take a while before a final analysis of them comes along. People initially wrote off quite a few books that have become quite popular since, and vice-versa.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Tomorrow I plan on raiding my FLGS for this and maybe a few other items.

I know Dragon 350 is on that list too. :)

Grymar

Explorer
So how would Cityscapes work with Sharn: City of Towers? It is obvious that CS is more about city-building and Sharn is mostly done, but is there enough information in there to help me run a Sharn-based campaign?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Grym,

Well I'm pretty sure you could maybe extrapolated things that are in Cityscape (like maybe sample NPCs) and use them in Sharn. But otherwise I don't see how complimentary a City book is with a book that's about generic type cities.

WampusCat43

Explorer
A question for the FR fans in the room: I'm planning on running an urban campaign next, focused on Waterdeep. Seeing as how that city has been pretty well developed in City of Splendors, what's the value of this book to me?

Davelozzi

Explorer
The book is primarily useful for someone designing their own cities, and people using Waterdeep, Sharn or another published setting won't have as much use for much of the material. However if you're the kind of GM who makes the (published) city your own by adding additional guilds, organizations, and the like, you will get some mileage out of it.

If you're not looking to do much creating, there's some feats, spells, and new monsters, a bit of general advice on running urban games as well as some nice pre-statted urban NPCs.

Remove ads