Civil War | Official Trailer HD | A24

Divine2021

Adventurer
No thanks, not at all. I hate doomerism in general, and doomerism the movie seems the most unappealing thing in the world to me right now.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Was... was that... President Ron Swanson?
Sooo much better than President Lone Starr!

No thanks, not at all. I hate doomerism in general, and doomerism the movie seems the most unappealing thing in the world to me right now.
Agreed... but it's the writer of Ex Machina and Annihilation. Hmm. Which could also be considered "doomerist" I guess. Still great movies.

MGibster

Legend
Ugh, American politics. No thanks - last thing I need is a movie to make me even more apprehensive about our southern neighbour.
Those are some good lookin' moose you got up there. Be a shame if anything were to happen to them. Just keep sending your delicious maple syrup down my way. If I see anything from Vermont I'll be very, very disappointed.

Scribe

Legend
I've got in-laws who swear this is on the way after the next election, regardless of who wins so...tapping into the mood I guess.

Looks already better than the leave the world behind movie I just watched

It’s sort of already happening. So and so stopped talking to her mom because the voted for blank.
Both sides talking about animal farm and 1984

Still take it over anything else😝

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Both also have some romanticized history of periods of independence and secessionist movements which make the news every once in a while, which might be applied in such a film.
That, and California needs Texas's guns, while Texas needs California's . . . wine country.

Remove ads