Class Acts: Bard

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Anyone looked at the content of the Bard article and care to comment on that?

The new at-will seems to be like one of the Warlord At-Wills from Martial Power, but it's Ranged, Implement vs Will instead of melee, Weapon vs Reflex...
It's quite a nice step up from the similar Warlord power, since it's an extra attack, and a very controller-y push effect. Also, targeting Will makes it a prime candidate for the Charisma-focused half-elf.

Disorienting Ditty looks nasty -- there's nothing preventing you from specifying your ally's location as the square he must enter -- but the damage is too low to be nasty in practice.

Sprightly Rhythm is awesome, because smart-targeting push-on-a-miss is awesome.

Perfect Pitch makes me want to build a half-elf with Astral Seal as his dilettante power. FREE DOUBLE CHARISMA HEALING BABY.

Strike Up the Dance is hilarious, and probably even balanced. With three targets and slide-on-a-miss, you'll probably get ~6 critter-turns of superb control. Plays very nice with a Zone-bringer (e.g. Wizard).

Musical Chairs has a stupid name which breaks my verisimilitude, but is a nicely flexible benefit.

Dissonant Imbuement makes Warlords sad and Valor Bards happy. Like all AC de-buffs, it gets more awesome as your party gets more attacks per round.

Craven Chorus: lame are compared to Sprightly Rhythm, but nice damage and push-on-a-miss.

Cherub’s Song: woah. Valor bards now make everyone fly fast.

Transference Tune: Perfect for the Bard who likes to point and laugh at enemies.

- - -

Bard of All Trades: what was wrong with Jack of All Trades? I'm not seeing the need for this feat.

Saving Breath: Valor Bards needed more toys? I found them quite awesome already.

- - -

It should be noted that the limiting factor of these items can be broken by non-rest healing, so be careful if you have a pacifist Cleric in the party. It might be better to make the powers into Free-action daily powers which just last for one encounter.

Fey Flute: Bad design. It should benefit all kinds of Bards at least as well as it benefits non-Bard users.

Lakshmi Sitar: Fine, if unexciting. Can't be broken by non-rest healing.

Oroch War Drum: Woah. Increase or decrease any forced movement? AWESOME for Cunning Bards, darn good for all kinds of Bards.

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads