• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Class Acts: Bard

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Anyone looked at the content of the Bard article and care to comment on that?

The new at-will seems to be like one of the Warlord At-Wills from Martial Power, but it's Ranged, Implement vs Will instead of melee, Weapon vs Reflex...
It's quite a nice step up from the similar Warlord power, since it's an extra attack, and a very controller-y push effect. Also, targeting Will makes it a prime candidate for the Charisma-focused half-elf.

Disorienting Ditty looks nasty -- there's nothing preventing you from specifying your ally's location as the square he must enter -- but the damage is too low to be nasty in practice.

Sprightly Rhythm is awesome, because smart-targeting push-on-a-miss is awesome.

Perfect Pitch makes me want to build a half-elf with Astral Seal as his dilettante power. FREE DOUBLE CHARISMA HEALING BABY.

Strike Up the Dance is hilarious, and probably even balanced. With three targets and slide-on-a-miss, you'll probably get ~6 critter-turns of superb control. Plays very nice with a Zone-bringer (e.g. Wizard).

Musical Chairs has a stupid name which breaks my verisimilitude, but is a nicely flexible benefit.

Dissonant Imbuement makes Warlords sad and Valor Bards happy. Like all AC de-buffs, it gets more awesome as your party gets more attacks per round.

Craven Chorus: lame are compared to Sprightly Rhythm, but nice damage and push-on-a-miss.

Cherub’s Song: woah. Valor bards now make everyone fly fast.

Transference Tune: Perfect for the Bard who likes to point and laugh at enemies.

- - -

Bard of All Trades: what was wrong with Jack of All Trades? I'm not seeing the need for this feat.

Saving Breath: Valor Bards needed more toys? I found them quite awesome already.

- - -

It should be noted that the limiting factor of these items can be broken by non-rest healing, so be careful if you have a pacifist Cleric in the party. It might be better to make the powers into Free-action daily powers which just last for one encounter.

Fey Flute: Bad design. It should benefit all kinds of Bards at least as well as it benefits non-Bard users.

Lakshmi Sitar: Fine, if unexciting. Can't be broken by non-rest healing.

Oroch War Drum: Woah. Increase or decrease any forced movement? AWESOME for Cunning Bards, darn good for all kinds of Bards.

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads