• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Class Acts: Seeker and Infinite Damage

Jhaelen

First Post
Even in LFR, the DM is permitted to use his brain. This wouldn't fly :), I'm sure. It'll be fixed anyhow...
Actually, the DM is _encouraged_ to use his brain and ignore RAW for the sake of fun. It's part of the introduction of every RPGA module these days.

The days of a requirement for strict RPGA rulings are over (and good riddance, too!).

renau1g

First Post
Ah... that's good news, I haven't been to LFR in a while and all the modules I ran were the original ones. Glad to see they smartened up and loosened the reins a bit.

Zaran

Adventurer
Agreed in my home game I wouldn't let such stuff happen, but in LFR the DM is a bit more constrained and can't impose that these effects are hindering terrain as they aren't in the power listed as that, therefore it is infinite by RAW.

This is one of the reasons why my group ignores the Dragon magazine without alot of discussion because it's obvious to us that the feats and powers in Dragon are not thoroughly tested nor thought out.

Klaus

First Post
IIRC, any time a creature would be forced to enter a square of damaging terrain, it gets a saving throw to avoid being moved.

circadianwolf

First Post
This is one of the reasons why my group ignores the Dragon magazine without alot of discussion because it's obvious to us that the feats and powers in Dragon are not thoroughly tested nor thought out.
*sigh* Nearly all of the most overpowered things in 4E have come from the published books; nearly anything overpowered in Dragon gets nerfed at the end of the month in which it was initially published. Let go of your assumptions from 3.5.

(FYI: there was a Monk power that did the exact same thing as this that got published in print and just got fixed in the recent errata.)

Mr. Teapot

First Post
*sigh* Nearly all of the most overpowered things in 4E have come from the published books; nearly anything overpowered in Dragon gets nerfed at the end of the month in which it was initially published. Let go of your assumptions from 3.5.

Really, the same was true in 3.5. The most powerful, broken stuff was right there in the PHB. Even at the end of the line's run, the three most broken classes were wizard, cleric and druid. Archivist and Artificer also were often cited as overpowered classes, and they also came straight out of published books instead of out of Dragon.

RigaMortus2

First Post
I believe you are incorrect Thatwackyned, sliding is "entering" a square, unless you have a rules interpretation quote.

Isn't that how the Wizard's Storm Pillar works? The damage only occurs when an enemy moves near the Storm Pillar on their turn. Forced movement, like from Thunderwave, doesn't cause them to take Storm Pillar damage if they are pushed next to it.

circadianwolf

First Post
Storm pillar says each enemy that "moves" into a square, not "enters".

Force movement triggers "enters".

It's a poor distinction (which is why a lot of powers say "willingly moves"), but it is a distinction established by the rules.

Remove ads