• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Classic 1st edition AD&D Game

Mithreander

Explorer
"that, my cuourios friends, is called a 'flare'. It's a magiced item that allows a sparkling ball of energy to be shot from the tube, into the air that will be the signal for us to pick you up. Be careful, though, the trigger is set so that anyone can use it by pulling on that metal thing there. It acan even go off by accedent, and believe me, you don't want that to go off in your pants!" the captain says with a smile.

As soon as everyone is abourd, the captain starts to yell out commands to set sail. The lanterns on board make a small island of light , seeming to seperate from the large one that makes up the city and docks. Soon, the city is nothing but a sparkle in the distance, which also soon disappears, the ors in the water the only sounds.

The ships down here look like longboats, except that there is no sail. It seems that the ship has to be manually propelled, for there is no winds to speak of, and the water is as smooth as ice. Without stars above, you have to wonder how the captain is able to direct his ship acurately. IF you had to imagine what being dead was like, this would be it. The eary silence is only broken by the oars and the grunts and breathing of the living on the boat.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Lexander spends all of his time in the hold fearing being tossed off the ship and drowning. He will ask to be the one to carry the flair. He never seems to get sea sick but just is terrified of the open sea.

Mithreander

Explorer
Well, that was a quick response! If we could have only stayed ontop of it like that... well I know Ive been WAY to busy. Hope I'm wrong, but I think you are correct... bummer.

Mithreander

Explorer
The boat finds its way through the darkness with the aid of the crew and the captain. Eventually the group is called above by a shipmate.

Once up on deck, the party sees that preparations for departure are being made. A row boat is being lowered to the waiting water, the captain overlooking it.

Seeing the group he moves towards them and looks in the direction the boat is being lowered. "That a way be the island. Beware of the walking dead, and stay away from the Glowing eye." He points, and in the distant gloom, the group can barely make out a pin point of light on the horizon.

Remove ads