• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Classic 1st edition AD&D Game

rangerjohn

Explorer
Mithreander said:
THe mayer shakes his head and says "I'm no sailor, but from what has been told to me, it's supposed to be the play ground for all the dead sailors of the vast ocean. Hog's wash, I say. Ol' superstition. It should be fine, otherwise, why would the prates stay?"

"Sounds like their playing up to the old legends. They may even have a dark cleric stiring up the dead to make it convincing." Says Falryn both intrigued and incensed at the notion.

Mithreander

Explorer
The mayer watches the exchange with a smile on his face. "Great!" he says, thinking the others will follow this frail elf to battle, for no other reason that they can not let the weakest look the bravest. "I'm offering 500 gp to each surviver, and any loot you recover will be considered yours besides!"

Mithreander

Explorer
The group, coming to an agreement asks where to meet that boat, and the Mayer leads you to another door that opens up to a set of stairs going down. The corredor that the stairs are in is dusty and musty (hey, that rymes!), but has a well used look towards them. The group makes their way down the stairs... and down, and down, and down, until they come to bronze double doors at the base. Opening them, they are greeted by the glowing lights of many torches, lanterns and other glowing object that are used to illuminate the continuous darkness of the lower city. The true city, for it's much larger then the town above! It's plainly appearant that this is where the wealth of the town is, and those above are the slum residence.

In front of the group is a large stereet with many people crowding it, moving on assorted bussiness. Mainly human, though other races are present, including, but not limited to orcs, goblins, ogre, elves (few of these). lots of dwarves and gnomes, and a smattering of other humanoids and demi-humans. This street is lines with shops of every discription. Looking up, the ceiling of this cavern is lost in the darkness, even to those with infravision and/or ultravision.

Off in the distance, down the hills of the street, the city appears to just end in docks at the base of the island that it appears to be built on. You can see the dock that is your destination from where you stand, and can even pick out the ship that the Mayer told you was waiting.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Jasper walks along the roadway, his eyes darting nervously around as he trudges through the underground tunnel. He pauses when the group approaches the dock, but keeps walking. Though he doesn't voice it, the rest of the group can sense his dread and anticipation...halflings aren't known for their love of water.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Andrew D. Gable said:
Jasper walks along the roadway, his eyes darting nervously around as he trudges through the underground tunnel. He pauses when the group approaches the dock, but keeps walking. Though he doesn't voice it, the rest of the group can sense his dread and anticipation...halflings aren't known for their love of water.

"Hah! From you look, one would think you a dwarf, friend. If it comes to it you'll be better of than me in this heavy armor." Falryn tries to cheer the halfling up.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
With uneasy steps Lexander walks along with his new companions. I feel the need to advise you that due to my condition I cannot swim. I am still going but this will be perilous indeed.

Mithreander

Explorer
When the companions reach the dock and the ship, they see that it's gangplank is down so that they can board right away.

The captain greats then and nods to each of you in turn. "We'll be leavin' as soon as you give us the word. We be takin' you to your destination, but after that, your on your own. Here." He hand the first one on the ship a stange looking tobe with a stange wooden thing protruding from one side (oposite the opening on the tube) and has a metal protrution a afraction the size of the wooden one coming out of it at the joint of the metal tube and the wooden protrusion.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Mithreander said:
When the companions reach the dock and the ship, they see that it's gangplank is down so that they can board right away.

The captain greats then and nods to each of you in turn. "We'll be leavin' as soon as you give us the word. We be takin' you to your destination, but after that, your on your own. Here." He hand the first one on the ship a stange looking tobe with a stange wooden thing protruding from one side (oposite the opening on the tube) and has a metal protrution a afraction the size of the wooden one coming out of it at the joint of the metal tube and the wooden protrusion.

"And what might this be for sir?" asks Falryn with curiosity. Taking the strange instrument and looking it over.

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Jasper looks over at Falryn's mysterious artifact and then quizzically at the captain. But not at the water, in fact he seems to be making an effort to make himself forget he's on a boat...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads