• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clerical Henchmen: Golems to Ghouls?

Janos Antero

First Post
It occurs to me I've seen very few WotC published henchmen type beings for priests. In previous editions you had a very clear split of golems between both Arcane and Divine spellcasters. But now, in looking at both MMs and other products, I'm hard pressed to find any golems or other henchmen type creatures specifically for priests.

Are there any tasty goody monsters in other products out there someone would recommend? With the creation of Helmed Horrors being a very evil act now, and undead beyond a neutral cleric's ability to control if they spontaneously heal, what sort of servants and guardians can a priest create?

Janos Antero

First Post
Yeah, I liked the Shield Guardian and the Runic Guardian in MM2, but the Shield Guardian requires limited wish. Runic Guardian has potential, but doesn't list what spells it takes comprehensively, and I assume from it's powers it takes Teleport without Error.

Destil

Explorer
Janos Antero said:
Yeah, I liked the Shield Guardian and the Runic Guardian in MM2, but the Shield Guardian requires limited wish. Runic Guardian has potential, but doesn't list what spells it takes comprehensively, and I assume from it's powers it takes Teleport without Error.
It also requires the divine only shield other spell, unless you're using Limited Wish to cast it it takes botha divine and arcane caster.

The clay golem has a long of fully divine spells.

Last edited:

Janos Antero

First Post
Hrm Thanks Destil I'll look at the Clay Golem.

For Shield Guardians I guess that means they're intended to be mystic theurgist pets. After all, it's not like the class has much else going for it....

:D

Larry Fitz

First Post
Must resist... jibe... on Mystic Theurge.... must resist.... can't help myself.... must hit myself on head with frying pan... can't take cheap shot.... ow.... must take tylenol.... and... get.... bandaid....

Check out Spellbound by LI for a whole mess of Golem creating rituals (My personal favorite is the spider Golem, but you may feel differently)

Look for it... right around.... here....

Remove ads