• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clever spam

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Is it just me or has there been a big increase in spam accounts posting some sort of bot text in threads lately?

Dice4Hire

First Post
I have seen a few recently that seem to be posting random junk trying to get by the word filters. IE, hiding links in random text.

Not sure how clever they are for Enworld, those things seem to work better for emails.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It tends to come in waves - probably some spam-creation-software-provider had a new release, and everyone's trying it out.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You can (and should) report spam blog posts just like you can report message board posts.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Ok, I see over 60 spam bloggers (and I'm sure there's more).

Can I report them here?

If I have to wait for the spam report filter (there's an irony for you) it'll take me over an hour to report them. :eek:

Edit: or would you prefer I PM them to you [MENTION=177]Umbran[/MENTION] ?

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just a note - thanks for reporting the blog spam, jonesy! That's great!

But just so you know for the future, you only need to report each blog once, not every individual post. I get an email of each report (on my phone!) and it fills up my inbox pretty quick! :)

Thanks so much for reporting them! :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But just so you know for the future, you only need to report each blog once, not every individual post. I get an email of each report (on my phone!) and it fills up my inbox pretty quick! :)

Yes - once a user is reported as having a spam blog post, we look to make sure that there aren't a bunch of such posts, and eradicate all we find.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Just a note - thanks for reporting the blog spam, jonesy! That's great!

Thanks so much for reporting them! :)
I was. I still have a list now of about 60 spam bloggers. Not posts, bloggers. I'm guessing that is why the filter is being so aggressive. So where do I send them? :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads