Climate change -- what's really happening

Dioltach

Legend
I think everyone on these forums has read enough fantasy books to see what's happening with about all the strange weather we've been experiencing the last few years. It's nothing to do with pollution or global warming. No, obviously some evil power is trying to bring about the end of the world. Traditionally, these evil powers have control over the weather, and bring exceptionally long and bitter winters, flooding, storms, drought and the like.

I just hope that a band of plucky heroes are on a quest somewhere to stop this evil power amd save the world as we know it.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I think everyone on these forums has read enough fantasy books to see what's happening with about all the strange weather we've been experiencing the last few years. It's nothing to do with pollution or global warming. No, obviously some evil power is trying to bring about the end of the world. Traditionally, these evil powers have control over the weather, and bring exceptionally long and bitter winters, flooding, storms, drought and the like.

I just hope that a band of plucky heroes are on a quest somewhere to stop this evil power amd save the world as we know it.

if only we had an International Druids Council fighting to save the Earth Mother from the powers of Greed and Corruption!!!!

ccs

41st lv DM
If it helps I know where one of the evil powers makes its lair.
(points vaguely towards a famous city on the east coast of the USA)

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post

"Stop this evil power" and "save the world" are mutually exclusive goals. The evil power is the Earth itself. Turns out all of that drilling and mining and such we did is really, really painful. And after enough time going through it, the planet snapped and decided killing us all is the better option.

The only reason Earth hasn't accomplished that is, well, it's a planet. Let's see how fast you move when you're over four billion years old.

If only we could summon forth some sort of a powerful guardian of the planet that embodied all the prime elements. Perhaps with the aid of some magic rings...

If only we could summon forth some sort of a powerful guardian of the planet that embodied all the prime elements. Perhaps with the aid of some magic rings...

Can I recommend that you be banned for this comment?

Especially since it is obvious that Cthulu, who was imprisoned under the Arctic ice is slowly awakening and the ark power of his evil thoughts is melting the Ice Caps in hopes of destroying the last of the Polar Bears, the great race that initially imprisoned him there and to this day watch over his prison/tomb.

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
Can I recommend that you be banned for this comment?

Especially since it is obvious that Cthulu, who was imprisoned under the Arctic ice is slowly awakening and the ark power of his evil thoughts is melting the Ice Caps in hopes of destroying the last of the Polar Bears, the great race that initially imprisoned him there and to this day watch over his prison/tomb.

R'lyeh is in the Southern Hemisphere, near Antarctica.

You're thinking of where Ithaqua makes its home.

Of course, it is possible you are an Ithaqua cultist going incognito...

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
For those who are of a Heroic nature but not Epically so:
"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

I'm sketching out a Viking-themed adventure with two opponents: frost giants and a white dragon clutch.
The ultimate goal is to get these fellows to lay off raiding villages around your fjord long enough for your clan to build / provision a fleet of longships and head south, to warmer climes and richer plunder.

Remove ads