Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: Well, Froud would have expected to keep his Spanner, but the only other weaponthat he carries is a dagger (his crossbow would be back in the dorms).

IG

'Perhaps the Murderer is some sort of Undead. A Ghoulish skulker in the Night,eh? That would be inpleasant...'
Smiling, Froud takes his torch and moves forward, cheery as ever.

loxmyth

First Post
ooc: Cepter & Uriel, Dorian has his hammer and Froud his spanner. As the two non-magic users, I've decided I won't take away your means of combat unless I make it clear beforehand. Also for clarity's sake, I will point out that though it is early evening, darkness hasn't actually fallen yet.

Buri leads the way into the cemetary, pushing open the massive arched gate. It squeaks loudly in protest, but swings open easily nonetheless. Striding down a lane of graves, the young conjurer makes his way straight for the shack. As he nears, he can hear voices from within.

The first voice is that of a young man, clearly frightened. "I've had my fill of this business," he protests. "I want no more to do with you or him."
The second voice is also male, but this one was deeper and full of confidence. "You'll stay, if you know what's good for you. The hangman's noose doesn't care one whit for your father's wealth - if they discover you were a party, you'll hang all the same."
At this the other sniffled. "The gods take you, you soulless ghoul, I'll -" But the rest was cut off at the sound of a struggle within.

ooc: There is a 3 by 3 foot window cut into the side of the shack, but noone's looking in, for fear of being seen. You could look in anyway, or go around and go through the flimsy door next to it.

Cepter

First Post
Dorian grips his hammer tightly, his knuckles turning white around the carefully wrapped grip. For all his study of military things, he had rarely fought. But, in this case, there seemed little choice. He motions with his head towards the others to approach the door, taking the lead with his hammer at the ready.

(Moving as cautiously as possible while maintaining speed, since I don't want to rush in alone)

ShortAssassin

First Post
Buri moved behind the burly form of Dorian. He called the beginnings of a spell to mind, just in case he should need more than just words. He looked back at the rest of the group to see if they were following, then waited just behind Dorian to enter the shack.

loxmyth

First Post
Encouraged by the ready stance Buri adopts, Dorian pushes the door open, which wails in protest. Rushing into the room, they are greeted by a room that is starkly bare except for a small hard-looking cot in one corner and the owners of the voices: one a stocky red-haired young man that Dorian recognized from one of his classes, and a taller rail-thin man whose dark clothing contrasted greatly with his pale skin. He withdrew his hands from the other's throat and turned to face the new guests.

"Can I help you?" he questioned in a soft voice, as if this was nothing out of the ordinary.

Remove ads