Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

Cepter

First Post
Dorian scowls, prefering to walk in armed and prepared, but seeing that there's no way to make preparations and move swiftly enough to find the one behind the murders. He sighs, praying that strength will serve if it comes to blows.

"Alright, but we better move fast. It'll be dark soon, and I don't intend to traipse around a cemetary at night with no arms or armor while chasing a murderer."

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah nods again and sets off to the cemetary. She is nervous, and it shows in the way she looks around them suspiciously at everyone and everything. Mouse sits on her shoulder and her tail is curled protectively around Miriah's neck. Every so often, Miriah reaches up to absently stroke her familiar's back.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I have returned.

Forge stands behind Miriah and whispers to her You've nothing to fear. We'll keep you safe. Just as long as Froud's not here were all going to be fine. He says and gives her a wink.

loxmyth

First Post
The march over to the cemetary doesn't seem to take very long, though the long hand of the clock on Westering Tower makes more than three-quarters of its circuit before the group arrived outside of the black iron wrought fences that surround the dreary plot of land. Despite the weather being abnormally warm, a chill runs down each of your backs as you regard the field of tombstones, mausoleums and crypts populate it. They seem long forgotten.

The entrance is a rusting arched gate that swings idly ajar, and sound seems strangely muted within the confines of the graveyard. Beyond the gate, to the right, you can see a row of stone and marble crypts where the weathly have paid to make their final resting grounds, and to the right sits a lonely wooden shack. It is adjacent to a larger stone building with a massive chimney towering over its roof.

Cepter

First Post
(OOC: So Is Dorian totally unarmed? I probably shou8ld ahve asked this earlier, but he's going to be much less useful if there's a problem without at least his hammer, even if he doesn't have his urgosh (which I could imgine him not carrying around town)

ShortAssassin

First Post
Buri looked around the beginning of the graveyard. "Well, I would think that if there is anyone here, they would take shelter indoors instead of sleeping on a freshly turned grave. Maybe we should start with the buildings? The shack first perhaps? If they're not there I'm sure they would have left some sign of their stay."

Cepter

First Post
OOC: Whatever you want on that. If I have to use bare hands, then so be it. For future reference, Dorian is proud of the hammer as a symbol of his craft and a gift from his father, so he does tend to carry it around. But if you'd rather we go unarmed here, that makes perfect sense, and I didn't state Dorian's preference sooner.

Remove ads