Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Kicking his silent companion in the shins to wake him from whatever reverie currently assailed his mind, Froud smiles and says ' We are far from finished with adventure, Lady. lead on to this Cemetary.'

Cepter

First Post
"Certainly you don't expect a woman of such refinement to go put herself at risk, do you? I'm sure we can find the cemetary just fine," Dorian says to Froud incredulously. He knew that in his home town, such upper class people rarely ventured out at all, and when they did it was under more guard than a group of students could provide. He does, however, turn back to face the woman and ask her a question as well.

"Though we should know what we are looking for. What are we to see in the cemetary?"

loxmyth

First Post
"Quite right," the woman concurs with Dorian, an amused grin on her face, and returns her gaze to Miriah. "The only reason I sought your group out was because you attempted to find the murderer once before. I thought you'd have an interest in finding the guilty party, perhaps with some corroborating evidence this time."

To Dorian, she says, "I have seen the figure make his escape into the cemetary, so I should think it is a good place to begin your search. The many crypts and mausoleums give one a great many hiding places. You may wish to bring torches and crossbows, for illumination and defense. I do not lie when I say that he will likely be a formidable opponent. If you think it will help, send for the guard, but I suspect the murderer will be long gone before they all arrive."

ooc: I apologize for not keeping up to date on this. I've been quite busy for the last several weeks, and I'm going on vacation for two weeks this Saturday, so I won't likely be posting during that time either. In the mean time, I'll try to progress the story as far as I can.

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah appraises the woman again. "Do you have the torches and crossbows to lend us, then, or would you wash your hands of this whole deal?"

[It's all good. I'm having fun, so I'll stick around.:)]

loxmyth

First Post
"Torches I can give you," she replies, nodding to the young woman who brought you here. "Corsica, would you please?" Corsica curtsies and disappears downstairs. Turning back to Miriah, the noble woman adds, "But as for crossbows, I'm afraid you'll have to use your own resources. This isn't the town barracks, and I'm not an army quartermaster. I merely suggest you have a means to protect yourself in case this one does not come as easily as the last."

loxmyth

First Post
Corsica returns with enough unlit torches for everyone and hands them out silently.

"Watch out," her mistress warns. "He's been able to fool the guard all this time, he could be a tricky one to corner." And with that she turns away, regarding her flowers once more. Corsica opens the door to lead our heroes back through the building.

ooc: Ok, I'm back! Hopefully we can pick up where we left off.

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah takes her torch(es?). "Thank you," she says to the woman's back. She then follows Corsica, mulling the situation over in her mind. When they finally leave the building, she turns to the others. "To the cemetary?"

[Yay! Welcome back. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble getting online, and it won't be resolved until the 25th or so. I might not be able to get online until then. :(]

Last edited:

ShortAssassin

First Post
"I think that would be an excellent idea". Buri took his share of torch(es) from Corsica as well, and made to leave the room as well.

OOC: Sorry for the long absence. Stoats you know.... Anyway, what time of day is it right now?

Remove ads