Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

Cepter

First Post
Dorian nods, seeing the issue settled enough for his taste. He turns back to Buri for a moment.

"This girl is obviously terrified. She's not in control of her faculties right now. I would hardly call her tongue tied response a threat."

ShortAssassin

First Post
Cepter said:
Dorian nods, seeing the issue settled enough for his taste. He turns back to Buri for a moment.

"This girl is obviously terrified. She's not in control of her faculties right now. I would hardly call her tongue tied response a threat."
Buri held up his hands in acquiescence. "All right, fine. It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. We'll go."

loxmyth

First Post
Cepter said:

"Oh, I'm not terrified, really" the girl protests. "I just have a speech pr-problem. But I'm g-glad you'll follow me regrardless."

She leads the group out of Jim's shop, and to the large building across the street; A four-storied mansion that had seen obvious expansion on its sides to fill up the property. It's sun-bleached white panelled walls were resplendant in the afternoon rays, and the clay-red shingles that tiled the steepled roof and rimmed the windows seemed warm and inviting. They entered the foyer of the house, and were greeted by a striking, dark-haired young woman who noticed the girl who was leading them and waved them on. She led them through a large den, which was decorated richly with lace and silk curtains, where a halfling woman played the harp while young couples sat idly around on large plush cushions and conversed. Carafes of wine and baskets filled with fruits and breads were strewn about, obviously they had stumbled onto some sort of elaborate and expensive party.

The girl wended her way through the guests - well dressed gentlemen and their ladies - as if this was all routine to her, and started up the stairs. "We'll be going t-to the top," she threw back at the others as she went.

Cepter

First Post
Dorian just looks around, somewhat awed by the posh surroundings, a typical small town boy in the city. At least he manages to keep his mouth closed.

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah looks around sharply as they pass through the halls and rooms. What is this place? Who is this girl's mistress? She takes the opulence in stride but frowns slightly in thought. Why is it so important to meet this woman during this party? Or perhaps she is not the one throwing it . . . So many questions!

ShortAssassin

First Post
Buri looks at the people as they pass, trying to see if anyone famous or noteable is here.

[ooc: was there any sort of signage out front? A "smith" residence kinda thing?]

loxmyth

First Post
Buri didn't recognize any of the patrons of the place, but they all shared the pale skin, extravagant clothing and arrogant bearing of the wealthy. He didn't notice a sign outside the building, either.

The girl led them up three winding passages and stopped outside an ornately carved wooden door, covered in carved floral patterns. She sharply rapped thrice on the door and then drew it open.

Within was a large room drenched in dimness. Heavy curtains obscured the windows and let in only enough light to see by. The smell of roses hung thick in the air. When their eyes adjusted to the lower light, everyone could make out the figure hunched over an earthenware trough that held a row of flowers. At first the figure seemed very old; the back was bent, and its movements as it pruned away with its gardening shears were slow, methodical. But at the sight of the group, it straightened and was a porcelain skinned woman.

Her face was smooth and ageless, and pitch black tresses tumbled down her shoulders, down her back to her waist. She wore a light blue toga and no jewelry, and her lips were red as blood. The most striking thing about her however, were her eyes - so light as to be an almost colourless blue or grey.

"Welcome," she greeted in a throaty tenor, "I heard that some among you were the ones to catch the murderer?"

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Forge looks around wondering where the exit door is. When the woman mentions the fact that he and Froud caught the murderer he pushes Froud ahead of him and trys to hide in the back of the group.

loxmyth

First Post
Aside from the curtain-covered windows, which seem to run up the length of the wall twice as tall as a man and the door which they entered from, the only other exit is a glass door at the far end of the room, past the woman. The door is flanked with marble statues of young human warriors in heroic poses, but the room beyond is obscured by the crystal designs etched into it.

The woman awaits an answer patiently.

Remove ads