Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

loxmyth

First Post
ShortAssassin said:
Buri came up beside Dorian and gave a quick bow. "Good day to you miss. I couldn't help but overhear. Who would your mistress be, if I may ask?"

"I'd rather not answer that here," the woman replied frankly. "You wouldn't know her name anyhow, she tends to stay out of public sight. B-but if you're worried for your safety, all of you should come. She can't kill you all before at least some of you get away, could she? I-If she meant to kill you, I mean." Despite her strange attempt at allaying their fears, she seems harmless to Buri, if a little eccentric.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Argent Silvermage said:
Feh! This smells worse than Froud's "night emissions". I wonder what It could be? Forge ponders as he waits for the potion to steep.

Ignoring Forge's attempt at levity, Froud stays quiet, scribbling away in his ledger, occassionally rubbing his chin with ink stained hands and then adding some note or other...

Cepter

First Post
"I can't speak for the others, but I will certainly accompany you to see your mistress," Dorian says, overlooking the odd comments from the obviously frightened young woman.

ShortAssassin

First Post
loxmyth said:
"I'd rather not answer that here," the woman replied frankly. "You wouldn't know her name anyhow, she tends to stay out of public sight. B-but if you're worried for your safety, all of you should come. She can't kill you all before at least some of you get away, could she? I-If she meant to kill you, I mean." Despite her strange attempt at allaying their fears, she seems harmless to Buri, if a little eccentric.
Buri raised an eyebrow at the strange comment. "Riiiight. Ok then," he said, turning to the others, "are we all ready to go visit the crazy house? Make sure you keep your 'visitor' badge on, or you won't get back out!"

He turned back to the woman. "What kind of thing is that to say? You might want to quantify that remark a bit before we go. I won't be walking into some dragon's nest or harpie lair, just so you know."

Cepter

First Post
Dorian looks down at Buri, visibly irritated in his naivety.

"Surely you can't believe that this obviously frightened young lady is leading us into a trap? I for one am sure she has a very good reason for wanting to talk about whatever this is in private."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Forge looks up from the potion and for the first time realises that there is a guest in the room. My apologies madam. I was preoccupied. I will come to speak to your mistress but I must wait until this potion is done. Can we meet her in .. say 3 hours?

ShortAssassin

First Post
Cepter said:
Dorian looks down at Buri, visibly irritated in his naivety.

"Surely you can't believe that this obviously frightened young lady is leading us into a trap? I for one am sure she has a very good reason for wanting to talk about whatever this is in private."
"The 'I'm sure she can't kill you all' thing doesn't give you pause? It doesn't bother you? People don't just say things like that Dorian." Buri looked the young lady up and down. "I agree she looks harmless, but still...."

loxmyth

First Post
"I-I didn't mean it like that," the girl assures Buri, her cheeks going red with embarassment. "What I meant t-to say is that if you're worried about b-being hurt, I promise my mistress will do you no ph-physical harm."

Argent Silvermage said:
Forge looks up from the potion and for the first time realises that there is a guest in the room. My apologies madam. I was preoccupied. I will come to speak to your mistress but I must wait until this potion is done. Can we meet her in .. say 3 hours?

"I-it would just take a few moments of your time, and is very nearby. Friend d-dwarf, don't you please have but a few moments to spare? I think this could be im-important."

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah looks at the girl, ready to give her a cold shoulder, but at her words she pauses. She stares hard at her, brow furrowed in thought. "I'll go with you," she says after a moment. Mouse merely looks at the newcomer with soulful eyes. Miriah ignores the others except to say, "Come or not, prepare for danger or not. It would be difficult to kill or harm us, as she claims."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Froud looks from Forge to the girl and says to his boon companion'What could it hurt,old man? You could always leave Gears to watch over your potion. He's a much better Alchemist than you are anyways.'
Winking at the Owl, Froud pulls out an earthworm from his little tin and tosses it to Gears.

Last edited:

Remove ads