• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

loxmyth

First Post
"Makes as no difference to me," Jim says with a shrug, suddenly irritable. "What do I look like, Master of the Guard? Of course the guard is investigating him, that's why he hasn't lost his head yet. But make no mistake, a murderer is a murderer, no matter who he may be."

ShortAssassin

First Post
OOC: I don't know Uriel. I had assumed Argent and yourself had perished questing in some far off land or somesuch. Does anyone have his email? I know my "instant" reminder likes to turn itself off every now and again. Maybe he's suffered the same.

IC: "Well you'll excuse my saying so Jim, but you seem rather affected by this, regardless of what you say. If there's something you're reluctant to speak of <sense motive roll> I can assure you we will hold anything you say in the strictest of confidences."

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah frowns at the talk of executing the murderer. Surely there's another way . . . Her thoughts are disrupted by the continuation of the conversation. She sidles over to Froud. "What are you thinking?" she murmurs.

[There are no more instant notifications. Also, the function where you can see a member's email is turned off too. Argent is around, I think, but perhaps no longer in this one?]

Cepter

First Post
Dorian rises to the defense of the shop keeper, his own family history during the war coming to the surface in a flash, before he cn really consider his response too much.

"If the man doesn't want to talk about it, there's no need to badger him. We can ask the guard captain if any of you have questions about the case, though I'm inclined to agree that an orc in these parts was probably up to some kind of no good."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
After wandering around for a time and looking at all of the interesting objects Forge steps up to the Halfling and hands him the note he recieved from the professor. I'm Forge Ironsong. It was my friends Mariah and Froud and I that caught the Half Orc. I'm here to retrieve this from you for one of the professors at the school.

ShortAssassin

First Post
Buri looked over at Forge, amazed. "It was you guys that caught the murderer? Well, I guess I'll have to take it on good faith that everything is on the up and up then. I'm sorry for the grilling Jim, I just like to know that justice is done for all, not only the ones who write the laws. My apologies."

loxmyth

First Post
ShortAssassin said:
<sense motive roll>
The elderly halfling was obviously upset, but Buri could discern no ulterior motive.

Jim scoffs at Forge's words, unbelieving for a moment, but there must be something in the Dwarf's face that hints of truth for he nods sagely and gives him a wry smile. "So, you're the one, eh? Perhaps one day you'll regale an old man with the tale of it." He looks at Forge with a new light, obviously impressed.

"As for you," he says, waving a crooked finger at Buri, "I'll accept your apologies. But maybe you'll accept the word of your companion that a murderer needs to be brought to justice."

ooc: Argent, Forge has already been given the ingredients, all he has left to do is pay for them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads