Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

ShortAssassin

First Post
Buri looks over to the others, waiting for one of them to speak up and answer the question. As he waits he looks around the room, looking for anything out of the ordinary or interesting.

I wonder why she isn't downstairs with her party guests? Buri wondered. He sniffed the air, seeing if the heavy rose scent was being used to mask any other, less desirable odors.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Comp back online...

IC

Smiling, Froud nods enthusiastically and says ' Verily, My Goode Lady. Truly it is an auspicious eve, for right here among you is Forge Ironsong, catcher of skulking murderers.
Froud casts Dancing Lights, causing the little yellow,green and blue lights to dance about Forge, highlighting him for all to see, even as he(Froud) steps aside, a gesture of presentation between Forge and the woman already enacted...

:D

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
[ARGH, sorry for the delay! I missed this one! :(:(]

Miriah studies the woman closely in an attempt to determine who she is. The question catches her off guard, and she is just about to speak when Froud answers for the group. She grins at the group and the woman, highly amused by Froud's antics.

loxmyth

First Post
The woman has the ethnic cast of a person from Portos, which is not uncommon; that land borders this one on the east, after all. Her straight bearing, diction and pale skin made it clear she was high born.

Buri inhaled deeply, but couldn't detect anything but the heady fragrance of dozens of flowers of all shapes and sizes.

After Froud's proclamation, she turned to address Forge directly, her lips curving in a slight smile. "And what would you say if I told you that you did not, indeed, catch the murderer? Would you be interested in finding the true criminal, or have you had your fill of adventures?"

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah's eyebrows shoot up and she closes her mouth abruptly. "What do you mean, 'didn't catch the murderer'?" she exclaims before the others can speak. Her chin is thrust forward and her hands are clenched at her sides. When she realizes how confrontational she looks, she blushes a bit and deliberately relaxes. Her gaze never leaves the woman's face, however.

Last edited:

ShortAssassin

First Post
Buri's eyebrows raised up with the ladies questions, then turned at Miriah's outburst. He grunted quietly to himself as he remembered the conversation with Jim not an hour before about the validity of the murder suspect."I was not there with my friends when this all took place my lady, but I for one am interested in hearing more. Please, go on."

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah looks at Buri and then turns to the woman. "Yes," she says a bit more calmly, "I would hear more of this as well."

loxmyth

First Post
The woman takes a moment to place the shears in on a ledge and picks up a watering can before continuing. "I see things, from my little perch," she says enigmatically, moving from flower bed to flower bed and sprinkling them. "I believe I've seen the true killer, and he was not the one you think he is. I think a trip to the Westering Cemetary might be illuminating."

Remove ads