• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

loxmyth

First Post
The Mountain sneered at the young woman, taking a single menacing step toward her. Two of his thuggish companions joined him, looking as if they were spoiling for a fight.

"Wha're their names?" the leader rumbled, his dwarvish accent as hard as his eyes. "I know just about ev'ryone what makes their way into Grundle's. Speak up, lass, I don't got all day."

In the back, Froud's sharp ears could just barely make out the bellowing, and the tone of the voice was anything but comforting, but he couldn't be sure if a fight had started yet or not. Across from him, Yara's impatience was obvious. "What's takin' so long?" she muttered, drawing what looked like a black woollen stocking filled with small rocks. "If they don't come out soon, we peek in to see what's keepin' em, right?"

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Father will kill me for this. Thinks Forge as he clears his throught noisily behind the brute and says, The lady is with me you lumox. Care to talk about your menacing her like civilized Dwarves or like the goblin your making yourself out to be. He steps into the light and Gears flies into the rafters.

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah squeaks, sounding an awful lot like Mouse when she's hungry. "I'm sure you don't know them, sir," she starts, when she's interrupted by Forge. She almost faints with relief and rushes to his side. "There you are!" She whispers in his ear hurriedly, "What are we supposed to do to get him out there?!?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Did I mention before that we suck? Ok, then...

IC: Froud Pssts! to get Yara's attention, motioning that it was time for action!

Unsure of just what he was going to do, and wishing that he had become a warrior like his uncle Frumple, or a Wizard like his Aunt Endella, Froud prepares to enter the building...

loxmyth

First Post
The Mountain's lips curled into a snarl as recognition lit those cold grey eyes of his. "So yer back, 'Ozgrymm'," he stated in an unsurprised tone as he casually swung his battlehammer onto the crook of his shoulder. "You should've ran like the coward you were the last time you came round here, this time I'm gonna fix that smart mouth of yers." He beckoned to two of his mates, who immediately moved towards Forge, fisticuffs raised.

As soon as Yara saw Froud's motioning, she grabbed for the door's shallow handle and swung it open, allowing the dull afternoon light into the dim place. Froud could see that the Mountain and his companions numbered seven, though three of them were noe scrabbling to face him and Yara.

OOC: Actions?

Initiative:
Yara 20
Miriah 18
Mountain 17
Froud 10
Dwarves 9
Forge 4

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah, not knowing what else to do, yells at Forge to "Run!" and then, backing toward the door, starts the verbal and physical components of Comprehend Languages, hoping no one in the Mountain's group is a mage. She tries hard to be showy and dramatic, to scare the dwarves off. [I have a -1 to my Bluff.]

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
loxmyth said:
"You should've ran like the coward you were the last time you came round here, this time I'm gonna fix that smart mouth of yers." He beckoned to two of his mates, who immediately moved towards Froud, fisticuffs raised.

Don't you mean that they move towards Forge? I'm not inside yet...

loxmyth

First Post
Uriel said:
Don't you mean that they move towards Forge? I'm not inside yet...
OOC: Oops, you're right, I'll fix that... To clarify, two are going after Forge and three are moving to meet Froud and Yara, while one stands with the Mountain and survey the scene.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads