Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Froud reaches up to pat the Owl's head. Then, as if the two of them did such things all the time, he pulled forth a small box and extraced a fat earthworm from it. Looking at the Owl's face, he chuckled and said 'Why Gears, that deserved the entire box!', upending the box, depositing a dozen or so slimy earthworms onto the table for the owl to devour, much to the disgust of the ladies present, most likely.

At Forge's outburst and te appearance of the Fops, Froud stays quiet and watches them, searching for their motive in approaching.

<Sense Motive +1>

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah inclines her head graciously, her aristocrat nature showing through. "Milord, I don't believe I do recall your name. Perhaps you'd be so good as to enlighten me." She smiles rather charmingly. [Does he seem at all hostile or rude, and can I tell what he might want? Sense motive +0]

loxmyth

First Post
As Forge walks off muttering, the young man in the robes blinks in astonishment as if baffled by the dwarf's actions, and then turns to Froud and tries his line of inquiry once more. "Pardon me, Master gnome, but you were there when Longstock caught the alleged murderer, weren't you?" As far as Froud can tell, he seems earnest enough. Behind him, his noble friends stare at the gnome with undisguised curiosity.

The young man before Miriah grins again in what seems like genuine cheeriness to the young woman, standing and offering her a hand. "I am Ain. Ain Weatherhawk." When he says the name, Miriah can now recognize the distinctive grey eyes, the square jaw and clefted chin that marks members of the Weatherhawk noble house. In fact, between the many parties young nobles were expected to attend, Miriah had met Ain and most of his immediate kin several times. Also it was clear at once why she didn't recognize him. Every member of the Weatherhawks she had met had ebony black hair - and Ain was no exception. Or more correctly, hadn't been.

He gestured at his blonde locks and grinned sheepishly. "A magical mishap. The family sage assures me that the effect will pass in a month or two. But I have to admit I am growing fond of it." He paused. "But you should not trouble yourself with it, it is a trifling thing of little consequence. More wine?"

bruin

First Post
"Why of course, there you are," he says, covering for Piper's attempt to get away from the other newcomers, though he didn't remember her talking to him much in the past. He excuses himself and motions her to a table a little bit further away from the new arrivals. Once they're out of earshot: "Charming friends you have there."

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah lets him kiss the back of her hand. "Of course! How silly of me to forget." She smiles again and gestures to the seat he had just vacated. "Please, be seated. And, yes, wine. Order whatever else you wish." She settles back and watches him. "The hair is quite charming. I would be interested in hearing more of your magical endeavors. Unless of course our encounter is one less of chance than of purpose." She raises an eyebrow enquiringly.

loxmyth

First Post
~ Aerandir

Piper stared up at him with a perplexed with silver-tinted irises. "Friends? They are no friends of mine. Arrogant con men and snivelling sycophants, is what they are. But I did not come to discuss the human nobility." She paused, her fine features sharpened in a moment of disgust. But the moment passes, and she continues on. "No, I wished to ask you a favour. As you are likely aware, Tamriel of Silverwood is producing a new play, here in Arcosia. I have been given the honour of creating a musical piece for it myself. Now, the problem: the brutes here who call themselves the social elite do not recognize his brilliance! There has been little to no financial backing and none of the theatres will book to one they consider an unknown. An unknown! From the person who wrote Wizard and Stone! They are mad!" The elven lass began to pace before her colleague, her tiny hands wrapped about the back of her neck as she continued.

"Now, I've managed to find a venue. The problem: it is a delapidated ruin of a building in the middle of Cockscombe. I have a week to clean it out and turn it into the envy of the musical world. And so you see, that is my problem in its entirety. Being an elf and a musician, I turn to you first. Will you help?"

~Miriah

"It can be anything you desire," Ain assures Miriah, quickly taking his seat. "I must admit I have been trying to work up the nerve to meet with you for a while now... you have always seemed quite so guarded and secretive." He turned to look at Hob and beckoned the old barkeep over, favouring him with a disarming smile. "Ho, good man. I will have your finest bottle of wine and two glasses." As Hob went off to comply, he returned his attention to Miriah, his gaze wistful. "As for my magical endeavours - quite uninteresting, really. My knowledge of the craft isn't quite so studied as yours - mine is more intuitive. Which is why, I suppose, that I can never quite wrap my head around all the arcane minutia we're taught."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Froud looks up from where he was feeding Gears worms whilst scribbling notes on his sheets 'Yes, I was there, though truth be told I ran for the Watch while Forge investigated the Body and such...He just doesn't seem himself this morning. Perhaps there is some sort of Sorcery upon him.'
Froud yelps as Gears nips his finger. The Owl was too eager for the worms...or else perhaps Gears thought that there had been enough ribbing of Forge ...
Looking back up, Froud continues 'Forge does have the best grasp on the situation, as I wasn't there for a large part of it. Let's see if we can coax the windbag back here.'Gears ,can you go and get his Grumpiness?'
Hoping that Gears could understand him just a little, Forge ordered another cider and offered a seat to these folk.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Hoping off of Froud's shoulder, Gears flies off into the other room. Forge is just finishing cleaning up when he sees his companion. Well the traitor returns. Forge says to his familiar. Gears lands on the shoulder pad on Forge's robe and hoots an apology. Forge gets a warm feeling from Gears and instantly all is forgiven.
Forge and gears return to the main room and up to Froud. I'm sorry if I made is seem like I was the only person there last night.

bruin

First Post
Aery listens with interest, but freezes in fear when he hears the words "clean" and "help." Uh-oh. He stares nervously at the door. I should have been an illusionist.

"Well, certainly helping Tamriel is a worthy cause... what exactly did you want me to do? I'm generally better at making messes than cleaning them up. And of course I suppose I'll be doing this for the good of posterity?"

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah pets Mouse absently. "I probably could help you with your studies. That is, if you want me to," she finishes quickly. Her aristocratic demeanor slips slightly as she deals with the conversation and her nerves overtake her upbringing. When Froud starts talking of the adventures again, her eyes dart to his table and back, before settling resolutely on Ain's chin.

Remove ads