Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

loxmyth

First Post
~Froud & Forge

The young man beamed reassuringly at Froud and removed a small orb from his pocket. "Yes, coaxing him out would be an excellent idea. I write for the Tidings, you see, and I would love to get the, inside scoop as they say on this whole case. I'd be quite grateful for any help you'd be able to provide."

At this point, Forge emerges from the back and mutters an apology.

"Ah, excellent. I may get a story after all!"

~Aerandir

Piper watches the young elven bard with an unreadable expression before continuing. "You will be part of an epic achievement, the likes of which will be sung by the musicians for ages to come," she tells Aery. "Of course, if that is unacceptable, what if I were to give you part ownership of the place? Would that be reasonable, friend?"

~Miriah

"Am I so transparent?" Ain replies with a coy grin and a chuckle. "I really do mean to discuss other matters of importance with you - masquerades, gentlemen's sports, hunting, gossiping about the courts - but I am just as interested in passing my exams this year." He lifts his wineglass and sips gingerly, his piercing grey eyes locked on her face. "I'm quite pleased that you have said yes. If I owe you a boon, name it."

bruin

First Post
loxmyth said:
Piper watches the young elven bard with an unreadable expression before continuing. "You will be part of an epic achievement, the likes of which will be sung by the musicians for ages to come," she tells Aery. "Of course, if that is unacceptable, what if I were to give you part ownership of the place? Would that be reasonable, friend?"

"Well, I was wondering if I can get a sense of what sort of help you need from me, before talking about that" Aery replies.

loxmyth

First Post
~ Aerandir

"The building is quite run-down from years of disuse; our first priority would be to make it presentable. Some of the walls have caved in and need replacement. The roof could use some retiling, I suppose. I haven't seen much of the inside beyond the theatre space, but it did seem rather filthy to me." She fixed him with an imperious stare. "But that is why I've come to you for help. You seem the type for constructing such things."

~ Miriah

Ain rests a finger on pursed lips, studying the young woman before him for a long moment before answering. For a second he seems to be considering something, but if he is he does not share that information with Miriah. "Would tomorrow afternoon be acceptable? I could come and meet you here, after my lessons if that would be alright with you."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Froud smiles and remembers to bite his tongue should he wish to goad Forge once again. The dwarf was stressed by the events and studies and all. Besides, this fellow from The Tidings wanted a story and Forge was the one at the crime scene, with the...body . Froud shudders a bit, thinking of the murderer still skulking about in the streets.

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah looks at him intently for a moment. "That would be fine. Should I prepare anything in particular, or bring anything?"

Badger

First Post
Anyone call a handyman? - Lartis

As those around him fell into their individual discussions, Lartis purposely kept his mouth shut. While Aery had managed to look beyond his lineage, it was a gift that many others had not managed, and Lartis had no wish to hinder the aspiring bard's chances on any business chances.

~Especially when that business involves the working of the elbows and not the mouth...~

Finishing his plate, he rose as quietly as possible and began walking slowly back to the bar to return his plate.

OOC: Sorry for the absence...finished moving and now on digital internet...the speed difference is amazing...:)

bruin

First Post
"Actually I'm only good at constructing musical curiosities and the like; redecorating isn't really my thing..." Aery begins to reply.

Piper's domineering look chills him into submission.

"But I guess I could take a look" he replies meekly. Where the heck am I gonna get the manual labor to pull this gig off? he wonders. His eyes wander towards Lartis, with a calculating, contemplative stare that Lartis probably knows all too well by this stage of things...

loxmyth

First Post
~ Froud & Forge

The young man in monkish robe smiles, taps the orb twice using the plain metal ring on his index finger and holds it before him as he surveys the gnome and the dwarf. "Just a trinket I use to help me remember things," he mentions at the sight of their looks of curiosity. "Shall we begin at the beginning? Where did you encounter the suspect? Where did you find the body? How was it arranged? What happened?"

~ Miriah

"I would be indebted if you could help me with my Evocations," Ain admits, a sheepish look on his face. "Quite flashy and always entertaining to non-magical folk, but I've never been able to get my mind around its intricacies. Please bring whatever books you think would help."

~ Aerandir & Lartis

Piper nods in a satisfactory way, and grasps your elbow in an elven display of gratitude. "When shall I take you to see the property?" she asks, following his gaze to Lartis. Her expression did not indicate an emotional feeling on the sight of the half-orc in either a positive or negative way, but her unblinking gaze rested on him for quite a while. "I am unsure if you are engaged at the moment."

Remove ads