• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [Closed] D&D5th Against the Slavelords

Scotley

Hero
Super busy at work but looks like we got a good team going. I will figure out magic items tomorrow or Sunday. If we get everyone's characters done I am ready to start on Monday BUT if people are not done yet that's cool. No big rush. Just ready to get started :D

First thing will be to create a OCC threat were we can post all the characters also.

Sorry, got distracted this weekend. Will likely have a finished character up tomorrow.

GreenKarl

First Post
Sorry, got distracted this weekend. Will likely have a finished character up tomorrow.

Thats ok... I am just excited to get going but want people to have time to make their characters also.

Cathmore you still with us? Just wondering about your character also...

Scotley

Hero
Kelvyn Black Rogue 5

Still a work in progress, but getting closer. I can't decide on which way to go feat wise--dungeon delver, crossbow master or dual wielder. Any advice would be welcome. Still have to pick spells, and write up the background, personality and description, but I have it in mind, just got to get it down.

Name: Kelvyn Black
Class and Level: Rogue 5 XP: 6500
STR: 10 Save: 0
DEX: 18 (+4) Save: +7; +1 to Dex from Human; +2 Dex Rogue 4; Proficiency in saves from Rogue class
CON: 12 (+1) Save: +1
INT: 14 (+2) Save: +5; +1 to INT from Human, Proficiency in saves from Rogue class
WIS: 10 (+0) Save: +0;
CHA: 13 (+1) Save: +1
Proficiency Bonus: +3
Initiative: +4
HP: 33 (5d8=28+5Con)
Speed: 30
AC: 16
Languages: Common, Elven, Thieves’ Cant
Background: Squire
--Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Performance
--Tool Proficiencies: One type of Musical Instrument
--Languages: Elven
--Equipment: A set of fine clothes, Musical Instrument
Race: Human
--Human features: Ability Score Increase two scores by 1. Feat and Skill.
--Size: Medium.
--Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Alignment: CG - acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. Kelvyn is generally kind and polite to all, but can respond strongly to injustice and mistreatment. He has particularly strong feelings about slavery and flogging. He has been known to steal from those he feels have committed an injustice or failed to meet a responsibility.

Rogue Features:
--Expertise (Thieves Tools and Investigation)
--Sneak Attack 3d6,
--Thieves’ Cant
--Cunning Action (Bonus Action to Dash, Disengage, Hide or Mage Hand Legerdemain)
--Roguish Archetype (Arcane Trickster)
--Ability Score Improvement (+2 to any 1 or +1 to any 2)
-- Uncanny Dodge (when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack’s damage against you.)

Proficiencies:
--Armor: Light armor
--Weapons: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
--Tools: Thieves’ tools

Feats
Crossbow Expert
-You ignore the loading quality o f crossbows with which you are proficient.
-Being within 5 feet o f a hostile creature doesn’t impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.
-When you use the Attack action and attack with a one-handed weapon, you can use a bonus action to attack with a loaded hand crossbow you are holding.

Skills
Acrobatics (DEX): +4*
Animal Handling (WIS): +0
Athletics (STR): 0*
Arcana (INT): +2
Deception (CHA): +1
History (INT): +2
Insight (WIS): +0
Intimidation (CHA): +1
Investigation (INT): +2*
Medicine (WIS): +0
Nature (INT): +2
Perception (WIS): +0*
Performance (CHA): +1*
Persuasion (CHA): +1
Religion: (INT): +2
Sleight of Hand (DEX): +4*
Stealth (DEX): +4*
Survival (WIS): +0
*Indicates proficiency

Rapier
+7 to hit, 1d8+4 piercing damage
Dagger
+7 to hit, 1d4+4 piercing damage, 20'/60'
Hand Crossbow
+7 to hit, 1d6+4 piercing damage
Spells Known—Color Spray, Sleep, Disguise Self, Silent Image. Cantrips Known: Mage Hand, Light, Chill Touch
Spell Slots (save DC?) Cantrips: 4, 1st level: 3

Equipment:
-Gold: 50 gp
-Rapier
-Studded leather armor
-Rapier
-Dagger x4
-Hand Crossbow 20 bolts
-Light Crossbow 20 bolts
-Spellbook
--Dice game set
-Clothes, Traveler's
-Fine Clothes
- Burglar’s Pack (16 gp). Includes a backpack, a bag of 1,000 ball bearings, 10 feet of string, a bell, 5 candles, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, a hooded lantern, 2 flasks of oil, 5 days rations, a tinderbox, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
- Explorer’s Pack (10 gp). Includes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
-Component pouch
-Potion of Healing (common) (x4)
-Potion of Climbing
-A vest with 100 tiny pockets
-spell scroll Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Sleep, Mendingx2, Light
-Lute
-Riding Horse with bit, bridle, military saddle and saddle bags.

Personality: If someone (especially low born women such as servants and tavern girls) is in trouble, I'm always willing to help.
--Raised in a courtly setting and always has proper manners and an honorably deportment.
Ideal: I steal from those who do not live up to their obligations and give to those who have suffered at their hands.
--No one should be enslaved.
Bonds: I broke faith with the Thieves Guild in Furyondy and there is a price on my head there.
--I would take revenge on my father's wife should the chance arise.
Flaws: I am slow to trust nobles and always think they have hidden motives.
--I am sensitive about my illegitimate origins and while I may laugh off insults I always get someone back for making fun of my station or birth.

[sblock=Appearance]
Kelvyn is of mixed Oeridan and Flan heritage. He is handsome with light brown hair worn neatly and stylishly trimmed with and equally neat mustache and beard. His skin is tanned and clear. He dresses well and his gear is of quality. His horse in particular seems exceptionally fine though more suited to riding than war.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Kelvyn.jpg
    Kelvyn.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Given your build, I think I would go Crossbow Master. It would let you fire twice with the same hand crossbow, so you'd get to apply your DEX mod to damage for both attacks if they hit (unlike Dual wielding melee weapons). The second benefit also applies to ranged spell attacks, so if you have one of those, you can use it on someone within 5' with no penalty. Also, dual wielding will impact your spellcasting ability, requiring you to sheath one of your weapons to use somatic component spells. Not that big of a deal, but it could be annoying.

Dungeon Delver is pretty good in a specific situations.

GreenKarl

First Post
Looks good... as for the feat... well, somewhat as Forge Fury suggested I would go with either Dungeon Delver or Crossbow Expert if you are also going for a Arcane Trickster. The reason I might mention Dungeon Delver is that while I am "updated" Scourge of the Slavelords, it is a very old school adventure. And in a lot of old school adventure there were a lot of traps just lying around. That feat might come in very handy once you reach the Slave Pits. But yea Crossbow Expert is pretty cool and rereading the description is does appear that the "being within 5ft of a hostile creature doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls" applies to all your range attack rolls, not just those with a crossbow

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads