D&D 5E [Closed] D&D5th Against the Slavelords

GreenKarl

First Post
It seems like that's the way the spell works regardless, once the spell is cast, for 8 hours of concentration. But I'm asking if Levanna could initially cast the spell as part of a conversation without anyone knowing what has happened.

I would probably let you do it with subtle spells with a Deception roll... you could get some bonuses by maybe doing something extra to distract the subject or people around you... so long as the components are all there. If your staff is your Arcane Focus it counts as the M, and the "talking" part could be ingrained into the V part of you casting

GreenKarl

First Post
Magic Items... Cathmore, still waiting for your choices. When you have picked your magical items and updated your characters post them into the OCC thread that I am going to start in about an hour. This afternoon I am going to post the first IC thread and we will begin. Most of the intro is not going to involve lots of dice rolling so you all have time to flesh out your characters and make your final adjustments.

[sblock=Kelvyn Black Magic items]armor or protective item
crossbow
rapier
goggles of the night
gloves of thievery

You can choice two of the following… Armor of choice +1, crossbow or rapier +1, and/or either the goggles of the night or the gloves of thievery.[/sblock]

Wish list of items for my Warlock:

[sblock=Grigor Mask/Evendur Magic Items]Ring of mind shielding
Amulet of Proof against detection and location
Elemental Gem
Headband of Intellect
Pearl of Power.

You can choice two of the following – either the Ring of Mind Shielding or the Amulet of Proof Against Detection & Location, and/or the Headband of Intellect or Pearl of Power.[/sblock]

[sblock=Proposed magic items for Levanna]Bag of holding
Winged Boots
Goggles of night
Wand of Magic Missiles
Slippers of Spider Climbing

You have the Bag of Holding plus either the Winged Boots or Wand of Magic Missile… or instead you can have both the Goggles of the Night and the Slippers of Spider Climbing[/sblock]

[sblock=Potential Magic Items for Alegast Amastacia]-Boots of elvenkind
-Cloak of Protection
-Weapon or Wand of the War Wizard +1
-Pearl of Power

You can choice any two of the items you have listed, remember the Cloak would a +1 at max, and I would prefer if you want a +1 Weapon or the Wand that you don’t take your second choice as the other. My wording is a bit off here, but I hope you get it :) [/sblock]

[sblock=Potential Magic Items for Tirion Cayde]
Cloak of Protection
Gauntlets of Ogre Power
Mithral Plate
Pearl of Power
+1 Mace

You can chose any two of the items you have listed here.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Brak Blood-Bear]
- Javelin of Lightning
- Weapon of Warning (Dagger)
- Goggles of Night or Driftglobe
- Periapt of Wound Closure
- Figurine of Wondrous Power (Silver Raven)

Hmm you can choice any two[/]b of the following – the Javelin of Lightning, the Weapon or Warning (Dagger), the Goggles of the Night, or the Driftglobe.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
I'm going +1 studded leather and Gloves of Thievery if the gloves will work when I use mage hand. If not then I'll just take a weapon. I won't steal Forged Fury's thunder and take goggles too.

Forged Fury

First Post
I think the Goggles are kind of ubiquitous for anyone without darkvision. I could also just grab the Driftglobe, that could be fun. Maybe Brak will talk to it.

ETA: I went ahead and swapped out the goggles for the driftglobe. I like the visuals better for one.

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
hehe

OK I posted the OCC thread. When you have decided on your magic items and made any final adjustments to your characters post them there. I hope to start the IC thread this afternoon (Seattle time)...

3SpdDragster

First Post
Ring of Mind Shielding
and
the pearl of power

The second choice was a lot harder, the headband would have helped with forgeries and investigations but the pearl gives a lot of versatility.

Forged Fury

First Post
...and I changed my mind again. I grabbed the Dagger of Warning and the Javelin of Lightning. It seems like it would be appropriate for a pit fighter/gladiator type.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I will take the gaunlets of ogre power (now I can be effective in melee!) and the mithril plate (now I can stealth!...sort of...)

I will get my CS updated and loaded tonight at work.

Remove ads