CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC:
Jovik gave 10 gp to his family, a tidy sum in a small village.

Jovik will take the silver dagger since he is begining to specialize in them it seems.

Didn't we recover a longbow from Nualia as well as the bugbear?

I think we should trade one of the magic swords for some magic armor for Jokad, and then give the ring of protection to Jovik. The cloak should go to Danth since Kael is picking up a bunch of wands and scrolls.

Feel free to say otherwise, this is just a suggestion.

As for the key, Jovik doesn't know what you are talking about.

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

Sorry, folks, I really will try to get my post finished on Monday. I've been feeling a bit down, not to mention sick, both of which have been a pain in the butt toward job hunting.

Anyhow, sorry for my HUGE delay, but I'll be finished in 24 hours, promise.

Thanks!

I swear, when life finally gets normalized, I am not going to know what to do with myself. *chuckles*

hewligan

First Post
OOC:

Jovik will take the silver dagger since he is begining to specialize in them it seems.

You are correct. She carried a masterwork composite longbow that you picked up.

I agree about selling one sword - there is a limit to how many you need! Anyway, a +1 longsword would sell for 800gp (the maximum that Sandpoint and its caravans can support)

frostrune

First Post
OOC:

I think we should trade one of the magic swords for some magic armor for Jokad, and then give the ring of protection to Jovik. The cloak should go to Danth since Kael is picking up a bunch of wands and scrolls.

Feel free to say otherwise, this is just a suggestion.

OOC: Been a bit busy this weekend. I will sum up my share of the loot and get a shopping list together soon. I would very much like to trade the 2nd magic sword for some armor - mithril breastplate maybe? I'll see how much money it all up to.

Frostrune

hewligan

First Post
OOC: Been a bit busy this weekend. I will sum up my share of the loot and get a shopping list together soon. I would very much like to trade the 2nd magic sword for some armor - mithril breastplate maybe? I'll see how much money it all up to.

Frostrune

A mithril breastplate would cost 4200gp, and is thus WAY outside the range of items you could acquire in Sandpoint. You can sell items up to 800gp. Due to your contacts, you can acquire items worth up to 1000gp.

Masterwork breast plate is probably the best you can hope for in Sandpoint (while retaining your +2 dex bonus). It costs 350gp, with AC bonus of 5, and armour check penalty of -3.

Can you let me know whether you want to go to Fort Rannick, or stay in Sandpoint please.

Also, with the sale of the longsword +1, you all have an extra 200gp, assuming you keep a share aside for the absent Danth. 266gp each if you elect not to.

hewligan

First Post
OOC

Sorry, folks, I really will try to get my post finished on Monday. I've been feeling a bit down, not to mention sick, both of which have been a pain in the butt toward job hunting.

Keep your chin up! You are not the only person suffering job problems at the moment. I sit on a bank of 4 desks, and all three of the other individuals got made redundant last month. I kept my job, and now I am hiring. It is a very strange world!

Also, I plan on having Kael stay in the local vicinity of Sandpoint, with a few excursions, over the winter. This is a bit out-of-character for the wanderer, but I have some plans for him!

frostrune

First Post
OOC: The 4 things we needed to get identified more than wipe out the coin that is unassigned (346 gp). That just leaves us with a few items to be claimed.

(2) potions of tree shape
(2) potions of speak with animal
potion of barkskin +2

+1 cloak of resistance (lyrie)
special amulet of protection

warhorse (Shadowmist)

It is assumed all the scrolls and wands go to Kael. Danth has the ring of protection+1. Jokad has Nualia's bastard sword +1

Could I trade the +1 bastard sword for +1 chainshirt? Assuming 50% market value for the bastard sword this should come out about right. I know you said an 800 gp limit for Sandpoint but I could really use the AC boost. Conversely, I would take a +1 heavy shield and MW chain shirt. Same AC just a different way to get there.

I would suggest that we sold the (2) tree shape potions to offset the debt for the identifies. As the woodsman and scout I suggest we give the speak with animal potions to Jokad. Barkskin would also be nice. The cloak and amulet would be up for grabs. As would the horse.

Jokad would probably travel with Jovik 'to keep him out of trouble' unless Jovik made it clear he wanted some alone time with the Shalelu the elven ranger. I could see Jokad being a bit torn about leaving though. Maybe. Depends on how Amryl treats him. He is not looking to get married or a proper courtship; just your normal late-teen hornball:devil:

Let me know your thoughts on the armor.

Frostrune

hewligan

First Post
OOC: The 4 things we needed to get identified more than wipe out the coin that is unassigned (346 gp). That just leaves us with a few items to be claimed.

I subtracted the gold used to identify from the new total, so you have the amount of gold listed above under your name (so in Jokad's case he has 96.5gp, plus 200gp from selling the longsword, so 296.5gp at the moment).

As for the armour - Sandpoint is just far too small to support the sourcing of magical armour. It really is a small town. Sorry, but this is a bit of a frontier town, and magical items are not just rare, they are almost unheard of.

I will post an update tonight for Jovik and Jokad!

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
Reflectivity masked by gregarious frivolity, perhaps that is the best way to describe Kael's trip back to Sandpoint with his comrades, his friends. Mal is quite aware of his master's feelings, as is evident by his close proximity to Kael.

After the initial jest about the amount of oil that Danth had with him, Kael has not originated much of the jests on the trip back to their charges, although he does participate in it all. However, he is more reactive, than active, as he walks along, tired and sore.

Kael adjusts his own load of the treasure, especially the various wands that he has come into possession of. Between the scrolls and the wands, Kael is definitely going to need some kind of specialized belt and/or containers for them.

Once Kael and the group arrives, things roll on rapidly, quicker than he'd think, and before long Kael finds himself at the inn. More accurately, Kael finds himself in the stables, looking at the horse he was gifted. He checks it for a fit with his tack and harness, making sure it is well fed and cared for, before putting it down for the night and going into the inn.

Once his room is secured, as well as a steaming hot bath drawn, Kael will spend a fair amount of time bathing himself and then bathing Mal. Both are fouled by the dire deeds that they had to perform.

"I think my our feet have grown stiff and rooted, Mal." Kael suggest with a shake of his head and chuckle. "They're good folk, as well as good companions, so maybe it'll do us some good to stick to a place for some time."

"Good adventure, food, and companionship, too," Kael says as he soaps up Mal's head. "Right, partner? Plus, they need us here...us Wolves of Sandpoint."

"Maybe we should find a small piece of land," says Kael in a tone that shows how odd that feels to the varasian. "The family could use it when they're up this way, plus I'd have my own stable..."

"...having gold does odd things to a folk, doesn't it, Mal?"

OOC

Although I said this in my other post, I figured I'd say it here, too: Kael would like spell storing on his quarterstaff. :D

Also, Kael, once leveled, shall be able to identify things, too, so as to save some funds. I think selling the tree things is a good idea and I'm on bored with a lot of what has been said, thus fair, with respect to magic items. I need to go over the list, again, and stack some claims. Obviously, though, I'd like the wands, it'll augment my abilities and purpose. :D

By the way, during the down time, in addition to Hewligan's plans, if it is okay, I might do some potion brewing and such.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
I'm not sure what would constitute a proper donation to Sarenae, but I'm guessing Danth would give at least 10% of his wealth to the church...I'll have to check my 1E PHB. I think it stated how much clerics and paladins should give. :)

Also, Danth would be more than happy to take the cloak, unless someone else needs it more? Also (though I wanted to take a different enchantment for his sword so Jokad and he wouldn't have the same), I had to go with flaming for Danth's scimitar. It was the only thing that seemed to fit a holy weapon of the Dawnflower.

Also, it looks like we have plenty of extra masterwork weapons and such to sell.

IC post from me coming soon...probably today.

Remove ads