• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

hewligan

First Post
Rhun said:
Danth continues swinging his morningstar against the goblin foes.

Rhun: I missed your post - you posted as I was posting. I am going to take my rolls for you simply because:
1) They are better
2) I am lazy and already wrote up the response

You are basically at 1 hp (the non-lethal is gone by now, but you just took 9 lethal)

frostrune

First Post
Jokad sees the vicious attack on Danth and realizes his new friend could be in big trouble. Without losing focus on the goblin dog he decides to try and kill the goblin remaining on Danth (and hope to get a cleave on the dog).

OOC:

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1380283

Nice! Init 18, Hit AC 22 for 8 DMG that should kill a gobby so here is a cleave try on the goblin dog...

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1380287

Yes!! hit AC 21 on the cleave for 6 hp dmg!!!

Hopefully this happens before Danth goes and maybe he can make a retreat.

hewligan

First Post
Airwalkrr / Mandraiv: In regards to your question about goblin attacks, sorry, I missed the initial question (well, I spotted it, but then forgot to respond). Here is your answer:

There are five known goblin tribes that live in the vicinity of Sandpoint, and while they are a constant pain in the backside when it comes to attacking merchants, etc. (especially in the northern roads, which are less-well protected), they have never had the organisation or strength to attack Sandpoint.

It is rumoured that they scavenge regularly from the scrap-heap dumped over the cliffs of Sandpoint, but the tribes are squabbling and disparate. In fact, what worries you most is that in order for them to be attacking Sandpoint, it suggests that maybe, just maybe, they have united, and that would be a real concern, for goblins are not known for their organisation or loyalty. They bow only to strength, and to unite even a couple of the tribes would require a real powerful goblin.

Of course, the goblins are as mad as a drunken monkey, so who knows!!!!!

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Mandraiv tries to step up to the fore in order to give Danth a chance to step back and heal himself. Get back lad! Grab the goblin potion on me belt. It smells like arse but it will heal ye! Mandraiv fights defensively, praying that Desna will give him the luck he needs to survive.

Fight Defensively 14
Damage 7

Fenris

Adventurer
Jovik was moving around the combat well. He always picked up new things fast, and he was beginning to like fighting a bit as it was always new. Getting hurt was not fun though, and danth was nice enough to heal him. jovik though felt the best he could do was hit another goblin so the goblin couldn't hit Danth again.

[sblock=OOC]
Jovik Init Post 126 (1d20+2=19)

Jovik Feint Post 126 (1d20+6=24)

Jovik Attack Post 126 (1d20+1=10)

I keep forgetting that a successful feint negates the Dex as well as permits my SA. Feint is far more useful than i thought.

Jovik Damage Post 126 (1d6+1+1d6=10)

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Danth's chest burns in agony, the cleric having never experienced such pain. Realizing the degree of injury, he steps back away from the goblins, allowing his companions to move up. He thongs his morningstar, and begins the words and gestures necessary to cast a spell of healing.

Ugh, I truly despise Invisible Castle.

Initiative: 4
Drop bless for cure light wounds (1d8+2).

Last edited:

hewligan

First Post
OOC: The goblins roll a 10 on initiative, the goblin dog a 14. This puts order of action this round as: Jovik (19), Jokad (18), goblin dog (14), goblins (10), Kael (7), Danth (4), Mandraiv (2.

IC: Jovik continues his fine form, but while his attack was forceful and well directed, the goblin he faces managed to block the attack with his shield.

Jokad, seeing the damage done to Danth, swings forward with all of his might, chopping through the small goblin like its flesh was made of warm mud. His mighty battleaxe swishes through the air with such force that it seems to hum. The goblin threatening Danth falls hard, screaming as he goes, the blood gusting from the massive three inch deep ravine across his chest.

Goblin down!

Jokad continues his swing, hitting the goblin dog hard as it lunged forward. The hideous animal is wounded, but furious!

(Goblin dog -2hp last round, -6hp this round)

The goblin dog retaliates, biting forward at Jokad, but gets nothing more than the butt of an axe in his face (rolled a 1 ).

The remaining goblin knows he is trapped. His three companions are dead, the goblin dog is suffering, and some young longshank keeps trying to stab him with an oversized needle. He wants to run home, but there is no route out, with the alleyway behind him blocked (and with a suddenly excited nobleman now sitting upright, looking a lot less frightened than before). Oh well, he may as well try and kill the longshank kid in front of him to open up some room to escape.

He attacks and hits hard. Little sucker. Jovik, once again, feels the sharp pain as a dogslicer cuts hard into his chest. (4hp damage please, young Sir).

Both Mandraiv and Kael step forward into the battle and attack. Both miss, but their presence is welcome.

Mal lunges forward, attacking but missing the injured goblin dog .

Danth, steps back from the battle, falling safely behind the lines, feeling pretty sore, but alive!

You can hear the crowd from the inn, peering through the windows, calling on support, throwing insults at the goblins and cheering wildly as you strike the goblins down. There is an intake of breath as Jovik gets hit, and then a cheer when he stay on his feet, bleeding, but alive!

OOC: Combat round over. We have 1 injured goblin dog and 1 uninjured goblin. The goblin, who hit poor Jovik, looks desperate to escape, but given the lack of exit routes is probably stuck with fighting to the end. The goblin dog looks hurt but insane with blood lust.

Danth - please go ahead and roll your heal and add it to your HP total (just post to let me know the result).

Initiatives + actions, for the next round, please.

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
Kael is definitely not a master of the quarterstaff, but with the fight growing so tight together he had other choice than to move into melee.

However clumsy, he moves over slightly and jabs at the goblin that Jovik is fighting.

OOC

Basically, so long as it is within 30' (which I'm sure it is) Kael moves out and away before moving back in to attack the last goblin - he should avoid any possible AoO that way and give the goblin extra choice.

Mal should be pressing his attack, too.

Post #130 - Initiative (1d20+2=5)

Post #130 - Quarterstaff Attack (1d20=9, 1d6=1)

Last edited:

Remove ads