CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Fenris

Adventurer
Jovik grins at the winking goblin in front of him, "I've gutted fish bigger than you" say the lad as he feints left and then brings back the dagger from the right.

[sblock=OOC]
Surprise round
Jovik Feint (Bluff) Post 11 (1d20+6=19)

Jovik Attack Post 11 (1d20+1=17, 1d4+1=5)

Jovik Sneak attack Post 11 (1d6=1)

I rolled the sneak attack seperately incase the feint fails.

Round 1

Attack wounded Winky if still up other wise the other goblin

Jovik R1 Feint Post 11 (1d20+6=24)

Jovik R1 Attack Post 11 (1d20+1=2, 1d4+1=4)
Oh Well ;)

[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
For Kael it is a no-brainer, children are the responsibility of everyone and adults can try and take care of themselves.

"Mal, save the child," shouts Kael before muttering a string of arcane words that unleashes a bolt of energy from his right hand, which is twisted to channel the force into the goblin atop the child.

OOC

If it is acceptable, I'm using the rolls that I already made. If it's not, let me know and I'll re-roll.

Surprise Round - Kael's Magic Missle Damage (1d4+1=4)

1st Round - Ray of Frost's Ranged Touch Attack (1d20+2=17) and Ray of Frost Damage (1d3=2)

frostrune

First Post
Jokad begins to reach for the mallet but changes his mind as he spies one of the little monsters rushing toward the podium with a flaming bottle.

With a feral snarl he launches himself off the small stage and atempts to tackle the creature. The little bastards are far quicker than he anticipated however and he misses horribly.

Jokad immediately rolls up into a crouch and springs again; this time with a better appreciation of their agility....

[sblock] Jokad is going to attempt to grapple the goblin and hoping to avoid the AO (does the creature actually have melee weapon drawn or a natural attack? If not, he may not be able to make an AO... I hope.)

AC is currently 12

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1357493

Melee touch attack auto misses :( , the rest is moot. At least I got those shabby rolls out of the way.

He will attempt the same thing in round 1, hopefully before he has a chance to throw the bottle

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1357510

Ahh... much better. :cool:

Hopefully, that kills him. I will grab his weapon if he has one.[/sblock]

Last edited:

hewligan

First Post
Kael: your missile streams out from your outstretched palm, soaring towards the goblin as he raises his dogslicer high above his head ... and down. WHAM! The magic missile strikes hard into the back of the goblin, throwing him off the tiny child and sprawling onto his arse. He looks at you in pain and confusion as Mal bears down on him.

]Mal rolls 16 attack, 5 damage!

Mal hits the goblin hard with a feral snarl. Goblins hate dogs with a vengeance. But if there is anything worse than their hatred for dogs it is their fear of dogs. Their endless childhood nightmares of wild dog attacks ... and you catch that for a second in the goblin's eyes as Mal tears into him. But only just for a second, for there is not even time for a scream as Mal tears the very throat from the goblin, sending a fine mist of blood into the air.

First goblin dead. Mal standing near scared child, growling at corpse of the goblin.

Danth: The little goblin that is squaring up to you still has a sardine tail hanging from his mouth as your perfect strike hits him square in the side of the head. It is ugly. Very ugly. All that is left of the right-hand side of his head is a messy pulp, and a fish tail. He slumps onto the ground at your feet.

Second goblin dead. You need to make a move action in the next round to reach another. The one under the cart still has nobody going for him.

Jovik: You dook your left shoulder down, the goblin lifts his dogslicer to catch your open right side, and then you pull into the feint, turning the move against him. Your tiny blade slips unseen under his left arm. The feeling of soft resistance is disgusting. A tiny moment where you think the blade has hit something firm, and then that too is breached. The blade is now embedded up to the hilt, and the first goblin slowly slides off the blade and onto the ground, his eyes still staring in deathly confusion.

The second goblin stops swearing, looks at his fallen companion, and growls in anger at you.

Third goblin dead. The first sentient thing you have killed. You feel a little shaken, but there is not time to deal with this now, for another goblin faces up to you.

Jokad: You are rising from the ground at the end of the surprise round.
Mandriav: You are ready to try and stop the advancing goblin with the oil bomb.

Both Jokad and Mandriav need initiative rolls against the goblin that is running with the oil bomb for round 1. The goblin rolls a: 6

Kael - you either need to help the child (the goblin is dead), or go after the goblin under the wagon, or help Jovik, or run to the podium.

Friadoc

Explorer
"Mal, guard," says Kael as he moves protectively over the child.

"Now where should I put you, kid," continues Kael as he scoops up the child and looks around for an adult, or group of adults to turn the kid over. "There's more goblins to slay."

Speaking of goblins, Kael fires off another force bolt of eldritch power at the goblin under the cart. He really should be more focused on the child, but a mix of blood lust and youthful enthusiasm has Kael off center at the moment.

OOC

Normally Kael would sound more caring, but I figured that pose was close to the number the lousy charisma check made. ;)

Lousy rolls can easily be turned into ROLE play. :lol:

Kael's Magic Missile - Post #15 (1d4+1=2)

Kael tries to calm the child - Post #15 (1d20+3=8)

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Mandraiv startles at the sight of a goblin running with a makeshift firebomb. His first instinct is to protect those around him and a flaming bottle of oil is a serious hazard. He casts a command spell, hoping he finishes before the goblin throws.

DROP! he screams in the Goblin tongue as he completes the spell. He then moves to engage the goblin in melee.

OOC: Goblin must make a Will save (DC 15) or drop whatever it is holding, unable to pick it up until 1 round has passed.

Rhun

First Post
Danth rushes forward toward the goblin hiding under the cart, his gore-drenched morningstar readied. "Come on, you little rat!" he calls, trying to provoke the beastie. "Feel the cleansing justice of Sarenae..."

Full move toward the goblin.

Fenris

Adventurer
Jovik has little time to worry about the consequences of the actions he takes, not that he usually thinks about consequences, But still, this was the first real fight, first deadly fight he had been in. Still instincts kick in and another foe stood before him. Jovik went left this time, before cutting back to the right. But the lad's inexperience shows as the blade cuts well wide of the goblin.

[sblock=OOC]
Jovik Feint Post 19 (1d20+6=22)

Jovik attack Post 19 (1d20+1=3, 1d4+1=4) wow I suck.

[/sblock]

hewligan

First Post
Mandraiv & Jokad:

Mandraiv shouts "drop" at the rapidly advancing goblin, and sure enough, the little turd drops both the dogslicer it holds in its right hand, and the lit bottle it was brandishing above its head.

(OOC: Opposed will failed: 13)

The bottle smashes to the ground just behind the approaching goblin (who hasn't managed to stop his insane charge), sending a curling burst of flame into the air (5' diameter, 5' behind you both).

Jokad, in a half crouch, throws himself at the goblin. The goblin tries to pummel down on your head with his tiny fist, but misses . Somehow, though, the goblin almost manages to squirm out of your grasp (Rolled an 18, but goblins get -3 to grapple, so you just succeed).

Crack ... you feel its neck twist out of socket under your hands. His eyes bulge, roll, and mist over. Its sharp little tongue lolls out of its mouth, as a final sigh escapes his lips. The goblin is dead.

Fourth goblin is dead

OOC: Well done both of you, you got the bottle out of the way and then neutralised (nice way of saying 'killed' the goblin. Let me know your action for next round. The cart and the goblin attacking Fenris are about equal distance from you (full round move).

Fenris: You swing, the goblin parries with his dog slicer. He then spits on you, dirty, horrid, foul spittle... then he attacks you and hits. OUCH! His blade sliced across your chest, causing you a LOT of pain.

OOC: 5 hit points damage. You are now at 1hp!

Danth: You are now close enough to the one under the cart to make an attack next round, but please read below...

Kael: The young child, a boy or perhaps 3 or 4 years, is crouched sobbing, crying out for his mommy. He seems a little frightened by Mal.

Your magic missile races out and arcs across the square, hitting hard into the goblin under the cart. The goblin, who had been laughing and grinning as he watched the carnage, suddenly looks worried and clambers out from under the cart. You see someone running towards him to engage!

Last edited:

Remove ads