CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Fenris

Adventurer
frostrune said:
Jokad charges up to help the injured Jovik only to see the last goblin slide off his blade.

Jokad grunts (you're not sure if it is in disappointment or approval) then slaps you on the back, "Nice work flat-lander. You should see Father Zantus about that wound though... these dogs <he kicks a goblin for effect> hardly know how to treat a blade. Who knows what disease it might carry?"

He seems to still be listening for sounds of further combat from other parts of town.

"Thanks, I think" replies Jovik weakly sinking to his knees to rest. As the battle winds down the throbbing in his chest becomes all too real. Jovik looks down at the two goblins that lie dead before him, and the bloody dagger in his hand. With an unsteady hand he wipes off the dagger. Well that was painful he thinks. Still he felt some pride at having helped to save the village, maybe that'd wipe that suspicious look off Hemlock face now.

Jovik staggers up and holding his chest heads over to Father Zantus, "Desna had a little luck left for me, Father. Perhaps she has some healing too huh?"

frostrune

First Post
When he slumps to his knees, Jokad suddenly realizes the Varisian (Jovik) is hurt far worse than he thought.

He extends a calloused hand to Jovik, "On your feet friend, lets get you to Father Zantus."

He hoists him up and provides a steadying shoulder as they seek out the good priest. As they shuffle along he offers a congratulatory nod to the old priest (Mandraiv) who helped him earlier.

Rhun

First Post
Danth smiles, thankful that the last of the goblins are dead. Turning to the nearby Madraiv, the young priest notes the man's holy symbol and nods. "Nicely done with the firepot," he says, and holds out a hand in greeting. "I am Danth, priest of Sarenae. We should see to those that are injured. Perhaps we can be of aid."

hewligan

First Post
All around chaos still reigns. While the square has now largely emptied, you can hear the screams of people, the clash of weapons, and the cries for help resound around the town. There is not much time to rest!

Father Zantus moves over the Kael, placing one hand on the head of Mal for the briefest of seconds, before bending to face the young child.

"Ah, Ryon, my wee angel. Shall we go get your mommy now?" The child seems to recognise Zantus, but continues to cling to Kael's leg.

"I want my mommy!" he cries, his face already ready and wet from the tears. Zantus gives the child a gentle hug, whispering to him, "We will find her, come with me."

Zantus turns to face Kael as the others approach. He nods at the young man before taking the child's hand. As the rest of the party gather round the priest addresses them.

"Thank you all for your bravery. There is much here to be done. I will take Ryon into the safety of the Cathedral and place him under the care of my acolytes. His mother will return when this carnage abates."

He looks with concern upon Jovik. "Desna likes those with luck, young man, and you appear to have plenty of it. Here, let me heal you." He places his hands upon Jovik, and the power of his goddess knits the flesh whole.

Jovik: this is the first time in your life you have had healing magic on you, and it is a strange sensation. Not one you entirely enjoyed, but a lot better than the pain you had before.

There is time for brief introductions only, before .....

(OOC: I will post later tonight with the next stage, so please feel free to roleplay some introductions)

Fenris

Adventurer
frostrune said:
When he slumps to his knees, Jokad suddenly realizes the Varisian (Jovik) is hurt far worse than he thought.

He extends a calloused hand to Jovik, "On your feet friend, lets get you to Father Zantus."

He hoists him up and provides a steadying shoulder as they seek out the good priest. As they shuffle along he offers a congratulatory nod to the old priest (Mandraiv) who helped him earlier.

[sblock=OOC] Just FYI, Jovik is Chelaxian, not Varisian. [/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"I really wish I had my armor here," says Danth, a slight look of concern on his face. "Nothing for it, I guess..."

Friadoc

Explorer
Kael returns Father Zantus' nod and gives Ryon a pat on the head before the priest leads him away.

Kael looks to the others who approuched and once Father Zantusapproached is done speaking, the young varisian says, "Well met and done, the name's Kael Saern and this is Mal."

Kneeling down, Kael uses some dry soil from the ground to clean the dog's face up some, mostly trying to remove the bits and pieces of goblin flesh and blood. He also makes sure, twice in fact, that Mal is uninjured.

"You did good, too, Mal, real good," says Kael as he kisses the top of Mal's head, on an goreless spot of course. Oddly enough, the dog seems to understand what his master has said and almost seems to smile in return.

"Desna was touching the dice for Sandpoint today," adds Kael as he looks to you all. "It could have been a lot worse without us."

hewligan

First Post
Mal seems restless. The sounds of battle drifting across the town still all too noticeable. As your small group of make-shift heroes catch a well earned rest, Father Zantus starts to walk back to the cathedral, with small child in tow. As he leaves he turns to Mandraiv and leaves one last parting comment:

"Come visit me later, Mandraiv, when things calm down. I have found some possessions of your old friend Father Tobyn when clearing out the old storage rooms, and I thought he would like for you to have them." With that he is gone.

Mal barks.

There is what feels like a blanket of calm for the briefest of seconds, and then a sudden bloom of fire leaps into the sky just south of the festival grounds, sending cheers, screams, and what sounds like goblin singing up with it. A thick pall of smoke starts to plume into the sky.

Something big has just gone up in flames, and you are sure the goblins are to blame. What do you want to do?

Fenris

Adventurer
[sblock=Hewligan] Did Father Zantus have time to heal Jovik?[/sblock]

Jovik gets up wearily, but heads out after Danth as well.

Remove ads