• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Rhun

First Post
Danth Brinfield, Round 2

Seeing Jokad surrounded by goblins, Danth springs forward to aid him, swinging his morningstar. The priest tries to target the goblin furthest from his companions to avoid being overrun by the vermin.

AC: 11 (no armor), HP: 10/10
Initiative: 17
Attack: 12; I'm guessing this is a miss.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Desna, we ask your blessing for this holy endeavor! Mandraiv shouts at the top of his lungs, exhorting his allies with a bless spell. He then moves to take his position next to his allies to help provide a solid line of defense and prevent the goblins from swarming his fellows.

Init 17

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Yeah! A reward for being crazy. No dogslicer for me. It's a martial weapon for some reason so a -4 isn't worth the extra 1d2. And why is a war razor a martial weapon :confused: I would have like one of those.

Jovik follows the crazy crazed Shoanti into combat. He angles in behind a goblin, keeping the maddening little creature between himself and Jokad before lunging forward with his blade.

[sblock=OOC]
Jovik Init Post 53 (1d20+2=22)
Ha! I go first.

Jovik Feint Post 53 (1d20+6=16)
I will try to set up a flank, but here's a feint in case.

Jovik Attack Post 53 (1d20+1=5, 1d4+1=5)

Ug. I need to roll my attacks first!

[/sblock]

hewligan

First Post
The goblins have the initiative, and seem to find this fight hilarious. The massive blaze beats down from behind them, sending the heavy scent of smoke into the air. The heat is just about at the point of being uncomfortable.

The goblins attack. The two on the right remain intent on the barbarian, trying to set fire to his flesh.
The middle goblin lunges forward with his flaming torch at Danth, and the left-most goblin swings with his torch at Jovik, sending sparks in a trailing arc.

OOC: Dice results. Jovik, Jokad both get hit once each. The other attacks miss.

You both take3 hp damage each!

IC: The goblins shriek with glee as they land two hits on the longshanks. The warchanter behind them continues her horrendous song, while whipping out to try and trip Danth. She sure doesn't like the look of Danth!

OOC: She rolls an adjusted 20. The opposed rolls come out for Danth She is tiny and weak, you are big and strong! .

IC: Danth feels the whip wrap around his ankle, but easily pulls his leg free, causing the warchanter to stumble backwards. You are too far away to reach her (no AoO), but she looks very unhappy.

Just then, Jokad swings his dogslicer (they are martial for goblins, not for humans - I am rule zeroing this - they are just short swords really), and decapitates a goblin. The follow up attack misses, but the head that is currently rolling around the ground seems to have changed the mood of the goblins. This is, they realise, a real battle now. They drop their torches and prepare to use their dogslicers.

Mandraiv calls upon the power of Desna, and you feel it wash through you all.

At this point Rhun swings with his dagger, but just misses, even with the power of Desna guiding his arm.

From behind the heroes Kael sends forth a bolt of eldritch magic, hitting the already mightily annoyed warchanter flat in the chest, leaving a smoldering mark there. She looks very, very, VERY ANGRY now.

Oh boy these goblins are mad!

Goblins: 1 dead, 3 alive, 1 warchanter with -4hp to her total

OOC: Please prepare for the next round, with new initiative rolls (I am a fan of initiative each round, to allow for a changing dynamic to the battle), attacks, etc. Jokad, Jokid, please deduct 3hp from your characters. Danth, you take 1hp non-lethal from the whip (it stung, but you will live!)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Mandraiv will attempt to aid Jokad's attack, while exhorting his fellows. Drive them back, lads! Don't give them an inch.

Aid 2 fails

Friadoc

Explorer
Kael reaches into his belt pouch and instead of a spell component, or some other piece of sorcerous might, he pulls out a pre-loaded sling and sets it spinning above his head.

Using his left arm as a sighting arm, Kael aims for the angry warchanter and with a knowing smirk he fires off the sling bullet toward her, hard and fast.

OOC

If only it would have crit'ed, it'd be a nice way to start of his first IC usage of a sling. ;)

Post #56 - Initiative (1d20+2=12)

Post #56 - Sling Attack (1d20+2=22, 1d4=4) - Possible Crit

Looks like normal damage - Post #56 - Crit Confirmation (1d20+2=7)

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Danth Brinfield - Round 3

Danth reacts slowly, again swinging his weapon; unfortunately, his foe easily dodges out of the way of the lazy swing.

Hewligan, I thought Danth had his morningstar, not a dagger?

Initiatve: 2
Attack: 6

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
hewligan said:
dogslicer (they are martial for goblins, not for humans - I am rule zeroing this - they are just short swords really)
Well in that case, assume I have a dogslicer. :) [/sblock]

Jovik winces in pain from the burn, but it wasn't as bad as the last slice he got. That and the sensation of healing he recently received is still with him, augmented no doubt by the blessing by Mandraiv. In any case Jovik feels the luck of Desna with him and swings the dogslicer at the goblin in return.

[sblock=OOC]
Jovik Feint Post 60 (1d20+6=20)

Jovik Attack Post 60 (1d20+1=10, 1d6+1=5) With the bless an attack of 11

Jovik Sneak attack Post 60 (1d6=1)

[/sblock]

Remove ads