• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Rhun

First Post
Danth Brinfield, Cleric 1

The young priest pauses to look at the wound upon his chest before turning his attention back to the foe. "You foul little babbler!" cries Danth at the goblin that struck him. "You'll pay for that," he tells it, again swinging his morningstar. Despite his slow reaction, Danth's aim is dead-on this time as he smashes his weapon down upon the vile critter before him.

AC17, HP 9/10

Initiative: 5
Attack: 23 (Natural 20, possible critical)
Confirm Critical: 8 (No critical)
Damage: 7

Last edited:

frostrune

First Post
Jokad snarls in fury at the goblin he injured, trying to stay just out of reach of the deadly molten glass. But the little bugger is simply too quick for him and Jokad finds himself out of position to make a counter attack before the goblin can make another go.

OOC: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1428186

Tactics [sblock]Jokad goes VERY late in the initiative this round (INIT 3). So I am hoping Kael finishes my wounded goblin off (before he gets a chance to attack me preferably :cool: ).

If it is still standing when my turn comes up I will attack a probably kill it.

Hit AC 15 for 10 hp of damage!!

If this goblin is down before my turn comes up Jokad will charge to the next nearest goblin and try and finish him. With a charge I would hit AC 17.

Make sense?[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Mandraiv is a bit taken aback by the grisly scene and hesitates. It is then that he notices Kael is poorly defended, having just barely managed to defeat the goblin who charged him with a spell. Mandraiv moves to insert himself between Kael and the goblins, readying an attack with his morningstar should one of the filthy beasts approach.

Attack (in case the goblins move towards Kael) 3

Not that it will do much good, but hopefully Mandraiv's presence alone prompts the goblins to other targets.

hewligan

First Post
Round 2: The End is Messy

The goblins' earlier frenzied excitement, their seeming delight at being able to hack and saw and burn has faded. Those of you who understand some of their tongue can hear them shout in confusion and a growing sense of fear as they attack. As a body they seem to be trying to move towards the door you entered through, but they are not in flight yet, still arguing over the best course of action as they continue to respond to your attacks.

In their native tongue, those of you that understand catch the following: "These longshanks, they are the ones that killed our brothers" and "We must tell the master!" and "Let us warn him. We must warn him!"

Their confusion seems to have slowed them a little ((initiative of 4)).

Kael wastes no time at all, feeling the arcane energies for once almost beautifully aligned with himself. He send a bolt of energy surging out from his hand and blasting the goblin he injured earlier in the chest. The little thing looks down at the blue glowing hole that has burrowed into him, and lets out a childlike cry before flopping to the ground. It is some seconds before his pained sobs are extinguished.

Kael kills 1 goblin, 2 remaining

Jovik ducks and dives, weaving in and out of combat, his body a blur of confusing motion that tricks the goblin he faces into parrying the wrong way ((Fails sense motive)). As the goblin dives right, Jovik flashes Goblin Hook in from the left, feeling it pierce between the crude leather armour of the cretin, and then up through the cavity of his chest before finally scraping against something hard. The goblin splutters, a wash of blood flooding from its mouth. It is well and truly dead!

Jovik kills 1 goblin, 1 remaining

The last remaining goblin looks petrified, but seeming to realise that fleeing is not an option, stabs forward at Danth. The young cleric, radiant in his armour as the sun from the sunlight windows above falls upon him, looks for the faintest moment like the avatar of some god. Danth seems to watch the goblin strike forward in slow motion, crashing the heavy head of his mace against the face of the fast approaching opponent. There is a horrible squelching crunch, followed by the rather nasty need to use a foot to brace against the now dead goblin's body in order to dislodge the spikes of the morning star. It is a messy business, this hero lark!

Danth kills 1 goblin, all are dead

The noise of the furnace suddenly seems to return to you all, as if the room has almost fallen silent again. The floor of this horrible butchery is strewn now with the corpses of the goblins. Perhaps that will go some way to avenging the deaths of so many workers.

The combat may be over, but here is still a horrendous scene before you, and the goblins did make mention of some 'master' that they wanted to warn....

OOC: Congrats on that combat. It went perhaps too easy, but sometimes that is the way the dice fall. Please let me know what you want to do next. The glassworks is a large-ish building, and the scene before may require some attention.

frostrune

First Post
Jokad ( on his INIT of 3 ) recovers just as the last goblin falls to Danth's mace. Without an obvious foe to engage he races back to the open door taking a peek back out in the entry hall.

If he doesn't see any immediate reinforcements he will close the door behind them so they can discuss their next step without being overheard.

Jokad turns toward you all with a feral smile showing strong white teeth. His nostrils are flared and brows furrowed; his blade and chest are covered in goblin blood and gore. You can tell his blood is still high and he is ready to pounce.

He practically growls, "Your gods may bless these poor unfortunates later. I thankfully see no sign of fair Ameiko, nor any other women for that matter. We need to keep searching."

"Where to?"

Friadoc

Explorer
Kael seems to be in silent agreement with Jokad, as Mal and he give the area a quick recon looking for any signs of survivors (be they goblin or worker), other doors, and signs of Ameiko.

"Foul, sick lil' beasts," mutters Kael through gritted teeth.

Fenris

Adventurer
frostrune said:
He practically growls, "Your gods may bless these poor unfortunates later. I thankfully see no sign of fair Ameiko, nor any other women for that matter. We need to keep searching."

"Where to?"

"Perhaps, but these are my neighbors and friends that lie here Jokad. We must alert the guard so the dead can be properly accounted for. While I agree time is of the essence, perhaps there are clues here." adds Jovik looking for an office of some sort.

Rhun

First Post
Danth Brinfield

Danth wipes the goblin blood from his weapon, tearing a tatter of clothing off of his latest foe to do so. After ensuring the morningstar is clean, he takes a moment to say a short prayer for the souls of the deceased townsfolk, asking that Sarenae light their way to their final resting place.

Finally he turns to his companions. "It seems as though there is more to these goblins than we first thought. We should finish a search of the building to make sure there are no living victims, and then alert the guard."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads