• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Friadoc

Explorer
"Okay, this room is definitely the creepiest one, thus far," says Kael as he looks slowly around the room, however he is not taking any further steps, yet. Yet, when Jokad calls for some rope, Kael unfastens his from his pack and begins to unwind it, while looking for a solid method to secure it, or at least gain leverage to hold it.

"So, who holds it and who goes down?"

frostrune

First Post
"I'll anchor the rope, maybe Danth can help me? Jovik, that means your the bait," he says with a grin. "Don't worry, it's dead.... I think? Hahahaha."

Jokad continues to grin as he ties healthy coil about his waist and looks for some solid footing.

OOC: Roger on the xp. Just curious. I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
frostrune said:
"I'll anchor the rope, maybe Danth can help me? Jovik, that means your the bait," he says with a grin. "Don't worry, it's dead.... I think? Hahahaha."

Jokad continues to grin as he ties healthy coil about his waist and looks for some solid footing.

OOC: Roger on the xp. Just curious. I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

Jovik crosses his arms. "You pushed him down there, you go get them"

:p

frostrune

First Post
Fenris said:
Jovik crosses his arms. "You pushed him down there, you go get them"

Jokad looks up from his knot tying and continues the banter, assuming the rogue to be joking.

"And who's gonna pull me up? My manhood is bigger around than your bicep."

"C'mon you're wastin' time. Here. Tie off."
He tosses the other end of the rope toward Jovik.

OOC: Sorry if anyone is offended by the 'locker room' humor but it seems like something an 18 year old barbarian would say. Just having fun is all.

hewligan

First Post
OOC: I am not offended (I hear a million times worse than this each day at work). All - please continue to role-play this section. Assuming someone does finally go to the bottom of the pit, I will post an overview of the items, and then we can move on to explore the room (and its weird pits) and the passage to the south ... or back the way you came to the statue room and south from there (the only remaining unexplored part of the Catacombs). You are near the end of this section now. A few more rooms, a few more ....

Rhun

First Post
Danth chuckles at Jokad's words, and grabs hold of the rope, helping the barbarian anchor it for Jovik. "What about the rest of these pits. We shouldn't leave their residents alive. Perhaps I can summon forth the power of Sarenae, and end them where they stand."

hewligan

First Post
Jovik, half against his pride, but half with curiosity to get his hands on the weapons, allows himself to be lowered down the pit. It is not a pretty sight. The sunrod in his hand casts too much light on the hideous form of the now dead goblin. It appears that he was once 'normal', or at least as normal as a goblin gets, but the horrendous stretching transformation that appears to have wracked his frame has left long, and still raw, scars and welts across his flesh. Now lifeless eyes lie sunken in the flesh. Worst of all are the small arms that extend from his head, and the malformed foot and tiny leg that twists from the back of his head. It is almost as if a monster grew from within him, and recently.

On the ground at the bottom of the pit lies his discarded weapons. A stunningly high quality longsword, with a slight arc to the blade, and a thick engraved jagged motif around the base of the blade. It emits the palest glow. Not enough to cast much light, but enough to catch the eye. It is magical.

Another fine weapon, the dagger, feels well balanced and cold in your hand. The blade is silvered, darkening in places as the metal oxidizes. You have seen enough silver coins in your life to know the metal - another silver blade to add to the party's arsenal, albeit nothing more than a simple dagger.

The hand axe is of dwarven construction. A fine, metal hilted weapon, yet still light and beautifully balanced. The cutting head has a single dwarven rune engraved - a maker's mark, but it is otherwise simple and functional.

There is nothing else down here, except ... scratched in the wall ... your eye catches sight of something scrawled in the rock. It is covered with layers of dirt, but a quick brush reveals the words chipped into the stone. Tiny letters, painstakingly etched, many, many years ago. "Darock Sinak, 24, almost dead. Father. Rebel. They will make me undead. I miss my girls. Please ..." The words stop. The language is a very old version of the local tongue, something you have only seen in ancient ruins, but still just about readable.

OOC: magical sword, needs identified, silver dagger, masterwork handaxe.

OOC: Danth - you could try to destroy undead. They are simple zombies (level 1, effectively), and you are level 2. I don't need you to roll for this, you can choose to do it if you want. Just make the post with a bit of description of you doing it, channeling Sarenae to put them out of their misery.

frostrune

First Post
Jokad is still smiling when Jovik emerges over the lip of pit, bundle of weapons in tow.

He offers a hand to help him up.

"Well... did you get my arrow back?", he asks. Upon seeing Jovik's sour expression he bursts into laughter once again.

He extends an arm for one of his trademark back slaps but Jovik deftly moves out of the way. This of course only increases his mirth.

"Ahhhhhhh, you're a good sport Jovik," he says sincerely. "So, what have you got?"

Jovik smiles mischeviously and unrolls his bundle. The dim light of the sword immediately draws Jokad's attention. "A magic blade!" he says, his eyes wide. "May I?" he asks his companions before reaching for it.

Seeing no one object he grasps the hilt and tests its weight and balance. You can tell it is like nothing he has ever seen. "Much too good for a goblin," he mutters under his breath before returning it to the hoard. He also tests the weight and feel of the hand axe and is seemingly impressed as well.

"So who would claim these?" he asks of his companions. "There is little doubt they will help us."

OOC: Jokad would gladly wield the sword or lay claim to the axe but if someone else has a strong claim he will not object.

hewligan

First Post
OOC: Advance warning: I will be in Scotland on Friday-Sunday nights inclusive. I will be able to post probably once or twice at most during that time.

Remove ads