CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

frostrune

First Post
Jokad hesitates, briefly looking at the others to gauge their reaction to the disappearance of the small creature before his typical hot-blooded nature consumes him and he races off to face the only threat he can see.

He dashes up to the base of the lower stairs to meet the emerging Sinspawn and send him back to hell before he can do any damage.

OOC: Jokad moves to the base of the lower stairs and readies an action to attack the Sinspawn when it comes within reach.

Init 6; AT hit AC 14 for 5 dmg
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1522457/

Rhun

First Post
Danth holds his morningstar ready, but it not in position to attack the vile sinspawn. And so he waits, his eyes darting about as if expecting the small winged humanoid to reappear at any time.

hewligan

First Post
Round 1: To kill a mocking bird

Jokad runs forward to engage the Sinspawn. The creature, seeing his intent, moves with vicious looping steps, like a dog bred for racing, to meet the barbarian at the foot of the steps. The sinspawn, not having time to fully engage the barbarian, recklessly throws forward its neck, biting out at Jokad. It hits hard and fast (( initiative 23, bite 23, but fails its crit confirm )). Its teeth sink into the Shoanti's shoulder, sending a sharp pain (( 3 hp damage )), and sending a wave of wrath over him ((OOC: please roll Dc12 will save or at the end of the turn you are inflicted with wrath)).

From behind Jokad a stone whistle past, striking the Sinspawn on the shoulder. It does not even seem to recognise the impact.

Jokad then spurs into motion. The wound hurts, but it is the rising wrath he fears most. He strikes forward with his new-found blade, and fells it sink into the exposed back of the Sinspawn. It rears back in pain, twisting as if to shakes itself free from the blade.

Erylium flickers into visible form as she completes a demonic summoning. There is a shiver in the air, accompanied by the feeling of something being slightly amiss. Then a figure appears before Danth and Kael. A hideous, dripping, incorporeal form. Some demonic sludge that has taken the vague outline of a person, lumbers towards you, its dead eyes little more than deep depressions in its flesh.

alumni_lemure_2.jpg

The little quasit begins to fade from visibility again (in round 2, if you want to attack the quasit while visible, you need to beat her initiative of 16 )

Mandraiv charges forward behind Jokad, either intent on getting bloodied, or perhaps there to cast healing magics upon the young Shoanti warrior. Jovik too moves into the room, looking to engage in combat, but with his eyes darting about ready to attack the quasit if the opportunity arises. His bow is at the ready (assuming that in round 2 he will probably try and beat the quasit initiative and get an attack in, but please correct me if wrong).

(( Positions at the end of round 1 ))
2326841023_a69a2f7850.jpg

OOC: All - actions for round 2. Jokad, the sword you are carrying is +1, so add that to attack rolls, although technically you don't actually know this yet, right?

Sinspawn at -7hp at end of round 1, although fast healing will raise this to -6hp by round 2. Jokad is -3hp on the round.

Last edited:

frostrune

First Post
OOC: I'm fine playing it out the way you have proposed but I actually could have moved to my position in a single move action (movement 40') and use my std action to 'ready' an attack on the Sinspawn as he moves to engage me. This could all have been acomplished in Rd 1 but probably doesn't suffer for the wait.

I'll roll along with whatever you decide.

hewligan

First Post
frostrune said:
OOC: I'm fine playing it out the way you have proposed but I actually could have moved to my position in a single move action (movement 40') and use my std action to 'ready' an attack on the Sinspawn as he moves to engage me. This could all have been acomplished in Rd 1 but probably doesn't suffer for the wait.

I'll roll along with whatever you decide.

I believe that the word "D'oh!" would be appropriate at this point.

Let me edit the above post. Please now post your round 2 actions. Note: the sinspawn will be attacking you in round 1 also (edited above). He doesn't like you, and he has suddenly just remembered that he can use his hands and mouth to cause you some jolly annoying pain.

EDIT: Now updated. I am a dunce!

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
hewligan said:
Jovik too moves into the room, looking to engage in combat, but with his eyes darting about ready to attack the quasit if the opportunity arises. His bow is at the ready (assuming that in round 2 he will probably try and beat the quasit initiative and get an attack in, but please correct me if wrong).

OOC: Indeed he will.

Jovik Init (1d20+3=17)

Jovik realizes that if the flying annoyance is not taken out, more and more creatures will be spawned, and the odds aren't good then. So he fires his bow before it has a chance to disappear again.

Jovik Attack (1d20+3=19, 1d6=6) :)

frostrune

First Post
Temple fight, Rd 2

OOC: Jokad is starting to look pretty hurt 10/23 hp, AC 17

IC: Jokad had forgotten the maddening effects of the creature's poisonous bite until he feels the venom start to cloud his brain. He digs down deep and manages to shake it off however.

With a renewed sense of urgency he parries and thrusts with the magical blade again landing a minor blow acros the creature's hip.

OOC: Fort save 13 (whew), Init 7, AT hit AC 22 for 7 dmg
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1524897/

Rhun

First Post
Danth Brinfield

"Back to the fires of hell, fiend!" cries Danth, swinging his morningstar at the slimey form before him.

Initiative: 21 (What a waste of a natural 20!)
Attack: 13
Damage: 4

Remove ads