• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Fenris

Adventurer
Jovik too stands aside as the girl leaves, but instead of watching her go, Joivk turns his attention to the bodies scattered about the throne room, searching the warchanter, chief and the commandoes bodies for any thing of interest.

Rhun

First Post
As Jovik searches the bodies, Danth offers a quick prayer up to Sarenae. Then, he asks for her aid in detecting the presence of any magics.

Cast Detect Magic

frostrune

First Post
Jokad watches the goblin girl go silently wondering if they didn't just perpetuate another generation of hatred.

He then closed and barred the doors. He knew their job was only half done. The demonic woman was not yet found. Time to renew the hunt.

Then he felt the full weight of injuries setting in and he instinctively turned toward Danth.

"Danth, does your goddess have any further healing to spare? That little bastard hit me arder than I thought."

hewligan

First Post
Picking Up The (Magical) Pieces

Danth chants a few words quietly as the party spread about to take care of things.

Jokad pulls shut the front doors of the fort, dropping the large wooden bolt into place across the two door braces. He then pads back into the Throne Room, seeing Jovik kneeling at the corpse of the warchanter, and Danth slowly looking around the room.

Slowly certain objects within the room start to glow.

On the warchanter, Jovik finds a small wooden potion tube, that is glowing faintly. He uncorks and sniffs it. Sure as heck smells like the healing potions he knows (and increasingly loves). (OOC: potion of cure light wounds). She also carries a wand, tucked into her belt. (OOC: spellcraft 15 to identify)

On Ripnugget's corpse, various things are glowing. They find two potions, one recognizable (OOC: potion of cure moderate wounds), and the other needs some investigation (OOC: spellcraft or other relevant skill (apothecary or something?) 15 to determine).

The little goblin's breastplate is glowing faintly as well. The essence is weak but there is magic there.

Last but not least, two small keys attached to a chain around his neck glows very faintly, and then behind the throne you can see, albeit largely hidden, a faint glow emanating.

Danth motions Jokad over and together they push the throne to one side. Behind sits a half size door, previously hidden, with a lock that is giving off the glow. Clearly one of the keys is meant for this door.

Jovik knows what to do next, and moves over to the door, placing his ear against it as the rest of you fall silent. For a moment all you can hear is the gentle lapping of the waves and the patter of a light shower from the small window before you, and then Jovik stands up again and states, with confidence, that the room is silent.

You place a key in the lock and turn it. The small door opens (it is about 4' high).

You can see inside is a small, and utterly foul smelling, room that features little more than a reeking hole in the ground, its rim stained with refuse and waste. Strangely, behind this hole, stands a sea chest. This room appears to be Ripnugget's personal toilet, and treasury .... a strange combination, but then, these are strange little critters.

Rhun

First Post
Danth puts a hand over his nose. "These creatures are vile," he says, disgust evident in his voice."I suppose we should get it open whilst my ability to detect magical auras is still functioning."

I've got 2 cure moderates I can cast for 2d8+4. Frostrune, do you want me to cast one on Jokad now, or hold off?

Current Spells Readied
- Level 0: Detect Magic, Light, Guidance, Resistance
- Level 1: Command, Bless, Shield of Faith + (d) Cure Light Wounds
- Level 2: Spiritual Weapon, Hold Person + (d) Heat Metal

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads