• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CLOSED: Recruiting Call for The Colour of Fear

Raven Crowking

First Post
Wycham, New Hampshire, is a beautiful wooded community about seven miles from the coast. Like much of New England, the lanes are fronted by low stone walls, and small family cemetary plots from colonial days dot the landscape. Wycham is notable for Wycham University, a small school with a solid reputation. It was a quiet town, where nothing too exciting ever happened, until the autumn of 2007....

The Colour of Fear will be a testdrive of The Game of Rassilon (http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=199342), a Doctor Who RPG. See also the Discussion Thread (http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=199346), which includes the Simplified Combat Rules (http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=3646679&postcount=40).

Spots are open for one Time Lord (new character, best Time Lord title gets the spot), and up to three other characters. Two should be locals to Wycham, one may be from another world/time period travelling with the Time Lord. Once you have an idea, it takes about 5-10 minutes to create a character.

RC

EDIT: See last post for link to game.

Last edited:

Ilium

First Post
So is Jane Emory in, then? :)

The write-up I did included a bit about her already being a time lord's companion, but we can easily drop that and have her start "pre-weirdness."

Ilium

First Post
Jane appears to be a bored (and, to be honest, somewhat boring) adjunct professor of sociology at Wycham University. Her research into fringe and student subcultures has given her a remarkable ability to adapt to new social situations. The reserved and wry academic's transformation into partying sorority girl, tough-talking biker chick or angst-ridden goth can be quite a shock for those getting to know her. The "real" Jane Emory can be hard to pin down...

Jane Emory:
STR +0, END +1, DEX +2, AGL +1, PCN +1, KNO +4, PSI -4, PRS +3
HP: 10
Saves: Fortitude +1, Reflex +2, Willpower +4
Defense: 12

Background: Academic
Skills
Administration (KNO) +8
Cryptology (KNO) +8
Gather Information (PCN) +5
Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences) (KNO) +8
Knowledge (Popular Culture) (KNO) +8
Knowledge (Theology and Philosophy) (KNO) +8
Knowledge (Physical Sciences) (KNO) +8
Knowledge (Streetwise) (KNO) +8
Research (KNO) +8
Computer Use (KNO) +8

Social Chamelon: By spending an Action Point, Jane can cause people to treat her as though she belongs in a particular setting. Each use of this Knack lasts for one episode. Social Chameleon causes the average person to treat her as though she belongs in a setting; specific major characters can still determine that she is an outsider.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Don't forget that you start with 4 Action Points.

(If we can get enough people, I am thinking about including the mechanics is spoiler boxes during play, and the actual adventure write-up as an attachment when the game is done.)

Ilium

First Post
That would be cool. I'm working on a new digital format for adventures (if I can get some time in the next week or so, the Collaborative Cave that der_kluge organized will be the first one). If I get it working correctly, I'd be glad to do a conversion of your adventure for you.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Looks interesting. I've not had the time to go over the rules yet, but it sounds very interesting. :) I love the new Doctor Who.

Maybe something like an old west bounty hunter (or bandido) who fell through a fracture in time before getting picked up by the time lord.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads