CLOSED! Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Game (ToEE)

Thanee

First Post
Dara

“And... HE sent you?” Dara says, her eyes wandering towards the holy symbol before she looks straight into the stranger's face and smiles. “If you are here to help, and surely we can need some help here, you are most welcome... Kurt. I'm called Dara.”

Legildur

First Post
Kurt silently nods in response to Dara's question before turning his attention back to Verdis. "I wasn't told what help you would need. But I know what I bring - my sword and my faith."

Rhun

First Post
Marco knocks his hand against the table several times and then shakes his finger at Kurt. "Your timing may be excellent indeed, Disciple of the Invincible. I've been serving this group as a healer, while I learned what I may of injury and death. I'm afraid I've not like what I have seen."

Turning to regard the rest of the group with his smoke colored eyes, the healer continues. "No offense to any of you, but the last week has taught me many things, and foremost among them is that I belong in a library or temple, and not on the battlefield. I've wanted to part ways and return home for several days now, but I didn't want to leave you without someone to tend to your hurts."

Marco smiles and turns his head back to stare at Kurt. "From my intense studies of religion, I believe I am correct in saying that the clerics of Heironeous have the ability to heal wounds and mend bones. Is this not so, Kurt?"

Thanee

First Post
Dara

“You do not happen to have an army with you or do you? Too bad, we could use one right now...” Dara says, smirking slightly.

Legildur

First Post
Kurt smiles as he listens to Marco. "Indeed, I'm somewhat skilled in the healing arts," he agrees. "Perhaps a little more than most of my brethren."

He shrugs his shoulders at Dara's wishful thinking of an army in tow. "Not today," he admits.

"So then, if'd you'd give me some idea of what to expect, and when we are likely to leave, I could make some preparations.

Thanee

First Post
Dara

“There is, indeed, a lot to prepare for...” Dara begins, then lowers her voice some, so that other patrons should not overhear what she tells now.

“There is this temple a day or so from here. It's called the Temple of Elemental Evil, and it accomodates a quite large cult dedicated to the worship of some nasty elemental powers born of evil and chaos. There must be hundreds of them, organized in factions according to the four elements and somewhat controlled by their leaders who inhabit a place called the Greater Temple in the depths below the temple's dungeons, and which is dedicated to the combination of the four elements. We have, so far, only scratched the surface of this place of evil.”

Last edited:

Legildur

First Post
Kurt forgets about his drink as Dara explains. After a bit of mulling over of the detail, he suddenly remembers the ale and takes another drink. "That'd be the source of the trouble hereabouts, then?" he offers. He then smiles. "I was told a little about what to expect," he admits. "But not much."

"Elementals you say?"
and he sighs. "I'm really more accustomed to dealing with the undead. But I'm sure that Patriarch Thanden knew what he was doing when he sent me."

Rhun

First Post
Marco grimaces. "Funny thing, that." he says, taking a sip from his own mug. "We've actually ran into some ghouls and ghasts, and I've not seen an actual elemental yet." He looks around at everyone and frowns. "Yet."

Legildur

First Post
Kurt's face breaks into a malicious snarl at Marco's mention of undead. "Good for nothins should be purged from the lands! Every last one of them!"

Remove ads