Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

“I will join you Bahruul, as I would also like to see something of this place...I have never seen a town as large as this before.”

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

"Just be careful, little one," Byntrou cautions Gav, but does nothing else to dissuade his extracurricular choice. To Bahruul he says, "I'm up for some exploring, petik. If we've the time, I would like to stop by that guild hall in Great Bend. Would that I'd thought of it while I still had a noteworthy example of my own handiwork, but we do what we can."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul

"Well then, let us make that our first stop. Thank you once again for your help Endoo" Bahruul says bowing deeply. He then moves to the door and holds it open, motioning his companions outside.

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

Delcoi moves to conceal herself in a pocket of her master's robes, then Byntrou moves out as well. He can string to bow along the way fairly simply, so he sees no other reason to hold up further.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Endoo nods in farewell and at appreciation of Bahruul's gesture. His assistants open the door to the outside for the party once they leave the backroom.

Gav:

Outside you see a city coming to life with people out in the streets. Those looking to buy seem to be headed towards the city's center, while those looking as though they have already been shopping appear to be heading away. The large majority of the people on the streets in this place look like commoners.

Those heading to Great Bend:

Great Bend is a suburb a few miles away. It is certainly possible to walk there, do a little business, and return for an evening meal at the Rusty Anchor.

Any not fitting into the above categories:
The city is beginning to bubble forth with life as the morning passes on. Theropa has a merchants district, Temple district, places where magical items can be appraised, money changers, and many other opportunities to explore.

Barak

First Post
Gav, shedding off his somewhat gloomy and put-upon demeanor, actually begins to skip towards the city-center. He's singing softly, and appears totally oblivious and careless, but his eyes rove his surroundings, looking for any likely target or for those scraps he's after.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Gav: (and any with him?)

As you head down to the center of town, you spy a rather lavishly dressed priestess of Lirr meandering across the street. She wears several necklaces, all of them filled with gemstones and made of gold. Her clothes are many layered and made of a very delicate, thin fabric. As she walks, the layers sway from side to side and occasionally you can see slightly through the layers at a general silhouette of her body figure. Her head is adorned with a slight golden headband and large golden rings dangle from her ears. Her thumb, middle, and pinky fingers each have a large ring made of gold upon them.

Drawing close to her, you can begin to hear her speaking to the people in general. "Live life to the fullest, people of Theropa. Let the world around you be your inspiration. Seize the opportunities given to you, and make your life into something as beautiful as an artist's masterpiece! Don't let the hum-drum of daily life drag you down, view life for the glory that it contains!" It seems as though she is trying to inspire the spirits of those around her.

Those headed to Great Bend:

As you near the town, you see a dirty man sitting alongside the road. It appears that he hasn't bathed for weeks - if not months. The flies that congregate around his person confirm this fact. He is dressed in a simple brown tattered robe. His boney bare feet stick out from the bottom of his robe as he sits. His sunken eye sockets reveal that he is also suffering from malnutrition - and potentialy disease. He glances up to you and briefly smiles, exposing more black teeth in his mouth than can be counted. As quickly as he glanced up to you he removes his glance and stares at the ground.

There is easily enough room on the road to pass by him on the other side without coming too close to him. As you draw near, you can hear him mumbling, "Ha ... Ha ... Ha ... Hathen duh ... duh ... don't ... likes me ... knee ... knee ... neither." It appears to be senseless babble.

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

Feeling saddened that he can do nothing for the man, having neither resources nor any magic prepared that would be of use, he notes the location of the man in case he does come by something that could help and the name Hathen...perhaps they did this to him, whoever they are.

Barak

First Post
Gav stops, and, stunned, listens to the priestess.

Why, but she's -asking- me to take some stuff from her! That's.. Amazing!

Smiling broadly, Gav saunters in front of her.

"You tell 'em, ma'am! Life is made to be lived in joy and happiness, fah suh! Wee!"

Dancing around her a bit, Gav tries to gauge her reaction. Assuming she doesn't seem too much against the idea, he takes her hands in his hands spins around with her a couple of times before letting go and bowing deeply, and going on his way.

OOC:
Possibly a sense motive(+4), and for sure a sleight of hands (+9). No matter what, Gav wouldn't try to take too much from her, though.

Remove ads