Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter Two

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Before the inspector leaves (response to Keryth's question)

unleashed said:
He then turns back to the inspector. “As for meeting at the temple, is that really the best idea inspector? Don’t forget we have a few infected people here who wish to search for the cure, and as yet we don’t know how easy it is to transmit whatever is causing the infection.”

The inspector replies, "I understand your concern, but at this point I am not sure that it much matters. Perhaps those who haven't been infected are immune, but carriers still. Perhaps they simply weren't infected but may be infected later when their bodies are stressed, or weaker, or more susceptible to the infection. Until we have those answers from the pater, we simply cannot know."

He continues "What we do know is that contact isn't necessary. So, one way or another we are all at risk already. Gathering infront of the temple will likely not put any of us in more danger than we already are. I would guess, though, that this is not the only place of infection as I doubt the half-orc that died came straight here. I would suspect that if nothing else many of my guard are also in danger, for the infection may well have begun to work through my people when they came to collect their payment for cleaning out the sewer. I understand your caution, but I am not sure that caution is more important than speed. People will know to gatehr at the temple, changing the location may slow us down. The clock is already ticking on some of my friends, no doubt. And I know it is already ticking on some of yours."

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
After the inspector leaves

unleashed said:
‘Yes, I lost track of her too, in my concern for Dahlia... I hope she went with the others and didn’t just wander off, otherwise she may not know what’s happened. As for finding her, well perhaps she will come back here once those that were taken away are released... otherwise I’m not sure where she might have gone.”

Dahlia replies, "The short one? I didn't see her after she left the table, either."

She looks to Keryth, Byntrou, Varius, and Eion. "Thanks for coming to my rescue. Apparently it was the illness that made the guy crazy, and not some sick perversion. I hope we don't all end up like that." The half-orc who is still alive swallows hard at Dahlia's words.

jkason

First Post
Byntrou, roguishly sorcerous barbarian

"Think nothing of it, Dahlia. You've done well by us in the past. It's the least we can do."

[sblock=Nonlethal]I think we lost the side quest in the big crash a while ago, but I was thinking Byntrou might be able to contact the thieves' guild that he trained with last time he gained a level (was that a sect of the Ephistaemi from the world info thread?) Whatever their name, they aren't clerically-connected, but Byn figures they certainly probably have their ears to a lot of doors, and they might be motivated by self-preservation to share what they may or may not have heard. And they aren't bound by things like morals and laws when it comes to getting what's required. ;)

Mind you, he'd have to make that contact in secret, but I figure in the two hours the party will be making preparations, we might be able to work in that he found the time to send a message, at least, even if he might not receive a response right away.[/sblock]

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

Keryth smiles and takes her hand, “You’re welcome, Dahlia my dear. And no one else will end up like that, assuming the pater and his brethren can give us an idea of what to look for...”

Fenris

Adventurer
Nonlethal Force said:
Dahlia replies, "The short one? I didn't see her after she left the table, either."

She looks to Keryth, Byntrou, Varius, and Eion. "Thanks for coming to my rescue. Apparently it was the illness that made the guy crazy, and not some sick perversion. I hope we don't all end up like that." The half-orc who is still alive swallows hard at Dahlia's words.

Varius nods in acknowledgement to Dahlia "Any friend of Bellana's is a friend of mine" he replies with a wink.

Varius watches as the inspector leaves, then heads on up to the bar, leans over and quietly asks the bartender for soemthing. He nods and comes back in a few minutes with a few warpped parcels and a metal pot with a lid. Varius hands over a few coins and returns to Eion.
"I'll meet you at the temple Eion. I have a 'favor' I must return." Varius nods to Byntrou and Keryth and heads out the door.

[sblock=NF] Please check email for my latest plot complication [/sblock]

Rino

First Post
Sure thing, I'm going to finish my meal and then I'm off to the temple to see if the disease can be delayed by some cure

Eoin finishes his meal and heads for the door

Fenris

Adventurer
Hey NF, can't we at least get an epilogue or the plot for the next section, or something? I was just getting into Varius' skin :(

Remove ads