(CoC) The Snake Pit

Hrothgar

First Post
Adon drops the branch he was carrying when the dog's eyes glow and shivers. Turning to their savior, Adon clears his throat and removes his hat. "We are indebted to you for act of heroism, sir. My companions and I could have been seriously injured and our intent compromised." Adon surveys the group, making sure everyone appears alright.

"My name is Dr. Adon Ashe of Miskatonic University. Our intrepid band is here on the wishes of an old fool we all admire and love. He was a former inmate of this asylum and his mind is now plagued by memories of his interment here. We meant no harm, good sir, in coming here, only to ease the mind of an old man in his last days on this earth."

jdeleski

First Post
DL Williams

DL looks at Adon and says, “It’s a pleasure to meet you Dr. Ashe, and also the rest of your group. I’m glad that I happened along in time to help.”

DL greets each of them with a smile and a handshake. He then looks at the ground, a bit sheepishly, and says, “I have to be honest with you folks, I’ve actually been following you for a bit of time, and when I heard the commotion that this, um, rather aggressive dog was making, I ran up to see if I could help. I was actually hoping that you might answer a few questions for me.”

Seeing their consenting looks, he continues, “In my job as an orderly at the asylum, I’ve occasionally been charged with helping Dr. Witherspoon, and I’ve gotten to know him a little bit. I like him; he’s not like the others. Lately, though, I’ve begun to see changes in him. He seems more lucid now, but also more sad. Then I saw you meet with him yesterday and happened to, um, overhear a bit of your conversation. Is the good doctor well? Is he in trouble? And is there anything that I can do to help?

Hrothgar

First Post
Adon looks at the man suspiciously. "Good sir, pardon, but we do not know your name. We also have strong affection for Dr. Witherspoon. We are here on his request to investigate a series of events that supposedly happened while Dr. Witherspoon was helping patients seeking treatment here. A one Dr. Wilson may have been less than honorable in administering to his patients. He supposedly died in the conflagaration that consumed this old asylum. Dr. Witherspoon's fears are probably the insecurities of an old man, but we are here to poke about the old place because of our respect for him." Adon tries to stand tall, but his thin frame and small stature do little to make him seem intimidating.

Remove ads